UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Welcome lavender123 ... where in the UK are you ? Ireland is as little as an hour by ferry from some parts.

David :wave
Welcome to HT :tup

This is a family business located close to me who have a very good reputation, you could contact them and explain the situation http://www.lochsandglens.com/

Some other HT members have used them before http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=137794&hilit=lochs+and+glens

Graham
My father was always impressed by Lochs and Glens (also Highland Heritage and Shearings) but I'm not sure agoraphobia is something any of them would have experience in.

Maybe best to consult your GP on ways of dealing with it. The thought occurs to me to adopt a plan similar to a fear of flying course. Say try doing a few day trips, either organised if you have a local company who does that, or just the longest bus ride you can find. See how it goes and build on it. Ireland might bring an extra probem, you may have got yourself onto the coach and be settled but there comes a moment when you've got to get on the ferry. If you can't get on the coach at home you are at least near home, but if you can't get on the ferry you'll be stuck miles away - I wouldn't wish being stranded in Holyhead on anyone!
You could have a look at Shearings or National Travel. They do 4 or 5 day breaks with half board/full board options to some decent sized hotels. You wouldn't have to go on any of their included trips unless you felt you could cope. There's bound to be a travel agent who could advise you in your home town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.