Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
We always liked Tunisia and I think it is child friendly based on my experiences there.

We preferred Port el Kantaoui as it felt more like a holiday resort but it's a long time since we were in Hammamet which does have fabulous beaches with lovely white sand but so does PeK and Sousse.

PeK is a short taxi or mini-train ride from Sousse where you can go for a more traditional feel of souk shopping whereas in PeK you will find there are more shops like you would find in some other holiday resorts where you can walk in and look around without much hassle.

You will find that 3 and 4 star hotels will have indoor pools although these may not be open in August. The 3 star hotels will have some kind of entertainment more suited for children. We always found the higher the star rating, the stuffier the entertainment got of an evening. I've never been one for sitting and listening to a duet singing and playing out of date songs on a piano or keyboard....

Either way, it will be hot!

Cheers
Shell
what about the heat? i will be travelling with a 18 month old, 11 year old and a 12 year old, seems to be late 30s in tunisia, would this be too hot more so for little one
Sorry, but I wouldn't take a young child to Tunisia in August. At present it is over 40 deg which is really too hot for them. Apart from that Tunisia is perfect for families, as the beaches are excellent and very safe and the Tunisians love children.
it does seem hot lol What are best months that are a little cooler but still nice and warm x
Spring and autumn are usually good and I have even had lovely weather in February. November can be nice and warm and I'm hoping it will be this year.
DawnMids wrote:
what about the heat? i will be travelling with a 18 month old, 11 year old and a 12 year old, seems to be late 30s in tunisia, would this be too hot more so for little one

Ah well, you never mentioned the age of the children in your first post so I never assumed the youngest would be a baby.

Could be a bit of a nightmare - but then so will Cyprus in August!

That's where I live and the humidity just now is a killer: Temperatures are showing 34C but with the "Real Feel" nearer to 40C because of the humidity.

It's still 29C here just now at 21:08 with a "real feel" of 31C with temperatures set to not drop below 28C and that's at around 04:00 tomorrow morning.

Cheapest holiday we ever found was Corfu and Portugal came a close second. Both of them we went in July and August and were fine with a child of about 9yrs. Both are family orientated.

We used to go to Tunisia for winter sunshine (usually early December) but have also been at the end of September when it was very pleasant.
that is tunisia out the window then lol dont look good for a holiday as that seemed the only budget price left, as everything else is sooo much more :( i better just enjoy the rain we have in uk lol x
It would be a pity to rule Tunisia out for a future holiday as it is a fantastic destination, though probably not in August, at least while you have young children. Perhaps you could consider the October half term, or even next spring.
definately going to go in october :D Just was hoping for a summer deal to go before sept, but prices are silly
It may be getting that way. I've only been once in June and it wasn't too bad and early in the month would probably be OK. Of course the heat is what many people like about Tunisia but when young children are involved it can be more problematic. As you will presumably be spending most of the time on the lovely beach, where there is some breeze off the sea, rather than sightseeing, I think you may be safe to risk it. Incidentally remember to stock up on suncream before you leave England as for some reason it seems far more expensive for a decent one in Tunisia.
we normally go at the end of june and the weather is much more bearable than august, august does get very very hot hot hot as its been said :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.