Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
yes there is a fab chippy in ayia napa and its called the chippy eatsn there loads of times cant fault it
Whereabouts in Napa?

Mark
Thank you for your reply I found a website http://www.mr-chippy.com it is beside where we are staying and has a lovely menu.

:D
oh that is class

you are going to a beautiful place like cyprus and you want chips

why bother going

Why dont you try there local food they do delicious mezes which is what we usually have at lunchtime.
But Cyprus spuds make the best chips in the World!!!

Mark
Only at certain times of the year Mark...then they are the best, but right now they are bad!! another few weeks and we will start getting the new crop.. :P
Also have to agree with ''Dawnlee'' why come all this way for Cypriot fish & Chips??? all the chippies in our old part of the UK were Cypriots, may as well stop at home :roll: fantastic food here why buy that sort of stuff.
I agree with trying the food of the country you are staying in but I can't abide the superior attitude of people who think that because someone doesn't want to eat foreign food they are are lacking in class and should stay at home. People go on holiday for different reasons, not allways to try different food. The number one priority for most holiday makers to Cyprus is sun and sand.
I live in Germany where people don't eat Fish and Chips and I would love the opportunity to have them for a meal.
I eat them sometimes we do actually miss good fish and chips here... but when you are in a country that has such good local food and you are only here for a couple of week why look for food you can eat at any time...would be daft to miss the good stuff you can get here! and you have to admit not many come from Germany to eat fish&chips here do they!
No I wouldn't think many people would go from Germany to Cyprus to eat fish and chips, that wasn't my point. My point was I don't like the snobbishness surrounding the answers to a simple question about whether there are any chip shops in Ayia Napia. I agree its a shame to go all the way to Cyprus and not try the food, but not all people are the same and want the same experiences from their holidays. When my parents were alive they travelled abroad on holiday, my mother loved to try different foods my father stuck to English and wouldn't even try anything different, I don't think he should have stayed at home(as a previous poster suggested) because of this. His holiday was all about relaxing and getting some sunshine.
By all means try and persuade people to try the food and experiences of the country they are visiting, but when people make remarks about class(as a previous poster did) just because someone doesn't want the same holiday as them then they have a problem not the poor person who just asked a simple question.
Oh come on folks... the lady said she like a bag of chips at lunchtime... so why not? Wherever you are, do what you want. (Within reason, of course.)

And I'm sorry to say that I was deeply disappointed with the Cypriot food during our recent two-week stay (on both east and west). Not a lot of memorable meals. And I ended up thinking, oh no, not another kleftico / souvla / sheftalia etc. Let's be honest, it's not exactly haute cuisine but comforting, homely food.

And why can't we get Cyprus new potatoes in the UK supermarkets any more? I have to go to a farm shop to find any here in the midlands.

Marion
one of the reasons id that now they are part of the eec the potato growers can no longer get export subsidies which in turn has pushed the price up {and reduced production}
I'm sorry to say that I was deeply disappointed with the Cypriot food during our recent two-week stay

I'm gobsmacked and, uncharacteristicaly, speechless!

Mark
I don't think
oh that is class
was a referrence to the persons station in life.
I'm working class scum and proud of it! :lol: I have never eaten f & c when in Cyprus.
I have eaten in the best chippy in Cyprus though. Near the Cessac, Dhekelia Garrison.

Mark
Am afriad I have to admit that I have tasted the best fish and chips ever in Paphos.....sorry all but I eat what I fancy when I fancy regardless of where I am.

It doesnt stop me loving the place I am visiting. However, I am a fussy eater. ;)
Kath HT Admin
Come on Kath - for the Philistines, of course - where is this Mecca.

Mark
Moulia Fish & Chips on the same street as Woolworths (near Macdonalds!) also do english tea and bread and butter mmmmmmmm

Kath x ;)
I can't believe anyone going to Cyprus would be disappointed with the food ( fish and chips or otherwise) having been there 7 times on holiday I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal in fact its one of the many reasons why we keep going back!
I didn't say I'd had any bad meals, just disappointing. The food was OK, but nothing special, that's all. But at CYP30+ a pop for two courses with wine for two, I'd expect a little bit more wow-factor.

Marion
To be honest I couldnt go for fish and chips when in Cyprus.

I go for an evening meal in the same place every night in Protaras and I will either go for a steak or a Kleftiko.

I have tried a few places and found one place I really like.

One thing I have never tried is a meze as I always go out alone so not a lot of good but I may try it in June when I go there if they can do a meze for one which i've never seen.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.