Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Well done and to get even a £100 voucher is excellent compared to a "thanks for your feedback" response.

You are so correct in what you say when it comes to complaint letters, when i get a complaint letter that is 3pages long, i firstly go into the notes on the booking to see if anything has been mentioned whilst they were abroad or anything.
I am amazed at how whingy some of the letters can be and how distraught and traumatised people were because ... they couldn't find the desk to pick up their transfer ... even though instructions are perfectly clear on the voucher and the desk is the first one you come to after arrivals !!!

If all the letters were factual - straight to the point it does make it far easier to actually know what they are complaining about without having to try and read between the lines.

The 3 page letter demanding compensation for distress could have actually been written in 1 page, if that. How can compensation be deemed necessary for an airport that has 1 small strip of desks after arrivals and is clearly signed !!!
Its a pity Thomas Cook dont take their complaints seriously.
Well done First Choice. :tup
Well done, fwh. :clap

for me, this says it all:
My letter was brief and to the point. Stated the facts and did not make any mention of heartache and anguish which only detracts from things.
It proves the point Frank - people are advised to make the complaints short and to the point which is what you did. Well done.
Strange as it may seem to some I was not actually asking for, or expecting any compensation. It would have been nice however to have an explanation.

Problem 1. The rep did not attend the welcome meeting or the subsequent meeting in the evening. Monday was her day off so on the Tuesday there was a queue waiting to see her. She did not attend and eventually reception made contact with the local office and she eventually turned up to be met with a lot of angry holidaymakers. Apparently she had not been attending when scheduled for at least two weeks. If anyone had a problem then according to the notice board you could phone a UK number, text or email. Several people with particular needs had telephoned the UK number at great expense without actually getting their problems resolved.

Problem 2. I simply emailed them. Free WiFi so was able to play with my Blackberry - They replied 8 days later telling me when the rep was scheduled to visit.

Problem 3. We were collected from the hotel being assured our flight was on time yet using my phone I was viewing the Manchester airport website and the plane was still on the ground. I simply asked why we were dumped at the airport rather than being allowed to stay at the hotel.

Problem 4. The coach to the airport had an air leak which was very obvious. When pointed out to the transfer rep she simply replied she knew nothing about "buses" so had no idea what we (several others also pointed it out) were on about. I asked what safeguards/checks were in place as in the UK the vehicle would have been taken off the road.

None of the above really required any compensation, in my opinion, just a proper apology and an explanation. I am now is possession of a voucher for £100 and no wiser. Thanks for that. Speaking with other people we are all of the same opinion. TOs create their own problems. Compensation is paid out without anyone asking for it, but nobody ever seems to address the problem/complaint that has been raised.

If Thomson, Thos Cook or any other TO reads this perhaps they might like to dwell on what I have said. They could perhaps save a lot of money and improve their image by acting on it.

Meantime we are browsing the brochures for next year. Spain? Crete? Canaries? I will let you know.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.