Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Looking at the thomson website it was advertising a 7 night holiday at Hotel Marhaba Imperial from Doncaster at £334. When I tried to book it will not allow you to opt out of the inflight meal at a surcharge of £10 and right at the end calculation it adds on £20 flight supplement. I am told that the £20 cannot be included in the holiday price but why are they not upfront and tell you that the price is subject to a £20 surcharge right at the start??
If I am not mistaken it tell you prices are subject to surcharges.You must read ALL the page THIS is most likely a FUEL surcharge.
PS I dont work for TGI.
I thought that general contract law required mandatory "extras" to be included in the basic price. "Extras" could be shown sep. only if they are optional. By not allowing the removal of the meal which is within the control of the airline (and not a goverment tax/surcharge/levy etc) this cost must be included in the "headline" flight fee. But I'm no lawyer, check this with Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.