Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
maryjo,

I've never stayed there, I think they were finishing building them when I was over there in 2005. Scuba St Lucia who I went diving with are based at Anse Castanette and I can vouch for the views, its everything the photo's show and more. They looked very nice from what I saw. That part of St Lucia is spectacular and would be worth the money in my book.

Darren
Thanks Darren, now just need to get a first hand opinion from someone who has stayed in the suites in Jade mountain. Darren, how far is the resort from the airport? Am I right in thinking they have a helicopter landing pad there? That would be cool to arrive by helicopter. If they do, does anyone know how much it would be?
Thanks.
maryjo,

It's not too far from the main airport, Hewanorra, about 20 miles. Considering the roads though, bit like our B roads, it'll be a good 30-40 mins by minibus I would have thought. They do have a helipad, most of the high class hotels on St Lucia have a helipad either on site or close by.

A couple of videos for you:

This is my diving video. The opening sequence is Anse Castanet. Jade Mountain is located up the hill in the background.

This is one of the helicopters used for the airport transfers / island tours. Transfers are about $135 US per person.

Darren
There are some 20 reviews for the Jade Mountain over on TripAdvisor, the most recent being from someone who stayed in a suite.
If anyone would like to post a review for the Jade Mountain Resort please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
maryjo,

We stopped at the Anse Chastanet (see hotel reviews), not the Jade mountain resort as it was still being finished when we were there, but if the service is as good as what we experienced you will be in for one fantastic holiday.

Don't worry about the room being open to the elements unless you are a light sleeper - we had a few bites during the nights (the rest I think came from the beach) and my wife is usually the mozzies first target! :lol:

Rob.
Hi maryjo,

We've just got back from St Lucia, and we stayed 3 nights at Ladera. Best possible views of the Pitons, total privacy, massive plunge pools. As to the 3 wall bit, I was concerned about insects, frogs and lizards coming in at night, but there was no problem with these at all. I'm also a light sleeper and the crickets kept me awake till the birds took over the first night, but after that it was fine as I used the ear plugs they supplied! Heaven! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.