Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I have to say I'm really enthused by the comments here and so looking forward to our trip on 23rd for 11 nights (via Alpharooms and EasyJet).

Rgarding sunbeds everywhere we have been there has been an early morning rush. I remember a scene in Alcudia reminiscent of the Harrods' sale!

As a result I join 'em. We're probably all in the same boat, sort of chicken and egg situation. I like to get a relatively private spot , near some shade and stick to it during our stay. The main beach is a good walk along the shore, Is there a smaller one or cove nearby which could be used?

DT
As a result I join 'em. We're probably all in the same boat, sort of chicken and egg situation. I like to get a relatively private spot , near some shade and stick to it during our stay. The main beach is a good walk along the shore, Is there a smaller one or cove nearby which could be used?

You'll need to get up about 7am to get the best places :lol:

Can't download fpic rom Digicam at the moment but to the left of the pic above is a small cove, some rooms actually overlook it, it's that close, then the waterside walk to the beach has plenty of places you can swim/snorkel from straight off the rocks.
As Holsio says there is a little cove to the side of the hotel - in front of the Caesar Apartments - we used to go down there to feed the fish - if you stand in the water and drop some bread the fish come swimming around you. The cove was nice but very stoney and there are no sunbeds - bit too uncomfortable for me.

In June people were putting out there towels from 7 in the morning - even when the pool man tried to stop them - they would wait till he turned his back and sneak round him. I've no problem with someone putting a towel on a bed and then having breakfast and then returning to use it for the day - its when they rush to put out their towel and by lunch time still havent appeared to use it. I think next time I go away and beds are reserved and havent been used, I am just going to move the towels and use the bed myself (fighting talk!! :lol: )

Hope you have a great time at the Jardin - I'm sure you will - counting down the days to my return in October.

Carmel
Off now on Tues 6.10am EasyJet flight from Belfast.

A favourite restaurant of ours over several years used to be http://www.Pizza-House.com , so much more than the name suggests! Anyone dined there lately or with recommendations of other good eating houses? See there are a couplr of Indians there now, any good anyone?

Can't wait... been a long year!

DT
A good indian is Khans just across the road from the square.

We had several really good meals at The Watering Hole just behind the pine wood - nothing was too much trouble for them and very reasonable.
Crocoldillos always seemed really busy cant say what its like as we were never able to get a table - queuing is not a strong point with a five year old :lol:

We had loads of meals out and were never disappointed - South Winds, Grannys, Duke of York, Jackies. We also tried Pizza Hut which was great.

I'm sure you will have a great time only 7 weeks to go :fly

Carmel
We ate out every night in Santa Ponsa & enjoyed every meal, service was a tad dissapointing in a few places but not the food, Crocodillos was good on both counts, I went after reading the reports on here, although I never tried the Crocodile steak, Id have had nightmares about Steve Irwan hunting me down. If you carry on past Crocodillo's there is a great place called Oeste, air conditioned inside & you can sit out as well, they really make an effort for you in there, explaining what is on the menu, if like us your not too sure, the food was fantastic too, I loved the swordfish :D Enjoy your holiday, you'll love the apartments 8)
Hi! Can anyone tell me if there is a kids club at the Jardin del Mar? Want to book a DIY holiday but need to ensure that my kids will be occupied and I'll have time to myself. I'd be grateful for any further info on this property. Thanks!
They have some arrangements for kids to be looked after but not a kids club as such.
Thanks Holsio. Can you give me some idea what they do with the kids?
We were there in June with our 5 year old. He enjoyed the swimming pool although the kids pool was a bit small & shallow. The big pool was great but as it was very deep swimming had to be supervised. The hotel has a football/volleyball pitch that the kids could play safely and next to it is a small covered play area with climbing frame, wendy houses, see-saw, slide & swings. By the outdoor bar there is also 2 pool tables. The kids entertainment was pretty poor there seemed to be something every day but only things like a colouring competition or hoopla. Saying that my little boy was never bored - we positioned our sunbeds so we could see all the areas and he happily played with his new friends - we bought a cheap football there and passed it on when we left - other kids had things like inflatable boats etc - so he was always occupied. Every evening there was a kids disco - but I cant comment on that as we never went - there is too much to do in the resort. Lots of the bars cater specifically for kids - bouncy castles, playstations etc and the entertainment in The Square every night was great for kids. We were really impressed by the hotel and werent disappointed with anything. Although I have to admit a couple of child free hours would have been great.

Hope this helps

Carmel :wave
Thanks Carmel. My kids will be 10 & 6 next year when we go and my hubby & I would love to have some "kid free" time whilst on holiday. This hotel sounds fab - apart from the fact it's no kids club. We've been to Santa Ponsa several times before when the kids were younger and I'm looking forward to returning. There is so much to do and the entertainment at the square at night is just great for our family.

Did you stay self catering or half board? I'm hoping to book a DIY holiday as it's so much cheaper but I'm just waiting on the room rates to be listed for next summer. I've recently emailed the Barcelo chain who own this hotel and I must say they've been extremely helpful. I've emailed places abroad before and never even got a response!!

Did you have a room with a nice view? Did you find the rooms spacious? Any further info you have on the Jardin del Mar would be gratefully received - :thanks
Hi Jackieh

Have sent you a PM

Carmel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.