Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We're off to the Jardin del Mar on the 31st May - we have heard nothing but good things about them.

Have a look at this site and you can do a virtual tour of the aparthotel - looks great.

Dont think you need worry have a look at all the great reviews

Carmel 8)
We arrived back from the Jardin Del Mar on sat 23 April after going on a allacation on arrival deal and this is where we stayed. First the hotel is in a perfect place on the cliff edge 9 stories high very clean large pool lots of sun beds.Very good decor 2 lifts.Out of the hotel accross the road there is bars/ shops but as all the rooms face the sea there is no noise.2 minute walk there is a large supermarket for all your things that you may require the square is on the left pass the taxi rank (that looks a very lively in summer).We went to the Royal Garden quite alot the singer is country style very good .As far as location is if possible go to the beach by way of the coast track about 10 minutes walk but about 20 minutes going the road way pass the shops and cafes/bars.THe hotel caters for s/c h/b and all/in .We used the indoor pool alot and the gym.Have fun you have made a good choice.
Thanks Carmel and Ell20. I too have only heard good thigs about Jardin Del Mar but wasn't sure if it was suitable for three girls in their mid twenties as it seems I'm hearing about only families. :?: Carmel, which site are you telling me to have a look at for a virtual tour of the aparthotel?

Ell20, sounds like you had a nice holiday, I can't wait to go, haven't been on holidays in a few years for work reasons, this year I just got engaged and bought a house so I need a break,and spending two weeks with the girls is just what I need :o :lol:

Thanks again for your replies, was getting a little worried that I just didn't go for the rear view in the Verdemar, as I've heard it's a lovely hotel. Anyway hope everyone has a nice day, I'd better get back to work :wink:
Sorry - what an idiot - forgot to include the web address - doh!!!

http://www.barcelo.com/Barcelo/EN/Producto/Europa/Espana/Mallorca/JardinDelMar/Situacion/Ubicacion.htm?cHotel=70

This link will take you to the Jardin del Mar home page - click on virtual tour and there is some really good footage of the hotel.

Cant wait - just over 4 weeks to wait!! :fly

Carmel
been re-allocated from punta del mar to jardin del mar in santa ponsa anybody got any thoughts?
Hi ! I stayed at the punta del mar in march. and will be returning in october. It`s a very nice hotel. The jardin is next door,I think, sorry but I get a bit confused with all the "jardins"any way.as you come out of the punta, it next door on the right ,we went in a few times to have a drink in the evening, we thought it was, without wanting to appear snobby a bit more up market. no bingo or karioke.We appeared to be the only english in the bar, but that did not worry us.All was clean and the staff helpful and smileling. I`m sure you will have a good time
We are off to the Jardin del Mar on the 31st May

Have a look at this link to the hotel and have a look at the virtual tour - I'm sure it will put your mind at rest.

CLICK HERE

Counting off the days :fly

Carmel

EDIT: Shortened link as it was affecting page displays.
David HT Mod
Hi Baggie it seems that a lot of people are being realocated from the Punta Del Mar, if it is the Jardin del Mar you are offered then you should have no problems but some are going to the Jardin del Playa which is a completly different matter. Funny though the Punta Del Mar is still taking bookings for Oct :hmmm
We've booked this hotel for early June.

Can anybody tell me how far it is from the main shopping areas. I've looked at the Map on Santa Ponsa.com and it doesn't seem to be too far away but in lay mans terms is it a pleasant stroll home at the end of the night, a definite taxi, or a 5 minute dash!!!?
One minute from The Square. Under Ten minutes downhill to town so 15 minutes uphill after a few drinks. You are in a good location with great sea views.
Thanks Gill, sounds just about what we are looking for and I don't have to worry about the walk back, the wife can give me a piggy back :lol:

I've read reports of 'The Square', and can't work out if it's quaint and quiet with a handful of restaurants or THE place to go in the evenings??
Look at http://www.santaponsascene.com they have a link to the entertainment this year in the Square. There are some nice restaurants just off the Square try El Jardin great Pizzas.
The Square itself has plenty of bars with lots of outside seating so you can enjoy the nightly entertainment.
just arrived back last weekend from jardin del mar outstanding hotel very clean excellent food,rooms good standard.if you want a sunlounger get your towels on them by 9am.great location and views especially a sea view room,staff friendly and helpful.square is ok if you have children but tribute acts to put it politely are rubbish better bars in town even if you have kids.would recommend this place to anyone,think resort may be quiet in june as it was not busy last week and it was half term
Have just returned from Jardin del Mar - lovely hotel, very clean. We had lovely view overlooking the sea and the pool area.

The hotel is only 2 minutes walk to the square - loads of bars and cafes situated round a staged area. Just choose best viewing point for the entertainment, sit down and a waiter will come and serve you. Different tribute act on every night - Village People, 4 Tops, Bee Gees, Abba. Entertainment starts at 8.30 for the kids and then at 9.30 will the tribute acts.

To walk into Santa Ponsa is just a 10/15 minute leisurely stroll down hill and 20 minutes back up - seemed to get steeper as the holiday went on.

Everywhere was busier last week than Whit week and the weather was superb - hot & sunny with just a slight cooling breeze.

Must recommend one place to eat - The Watering Hole - just situated behind the pine wood - friendly staff, excellent food & prices - check out their swimming pool which can be used by customers.

Would recomment Santa Ponsa to anyone - its clean, very friendly and there are loads of nice bars & restaurants. Also well situated for visits to Marineland, Water Parks, Pirates etc

Enjoy yourselves - we did!!

Carmel
Thanks all............one more question!! 8)

How long does it take by bus or Taxi to palma Nova? We have friends staying there at the same time............
Under 10 minutes at a cost of around 8euros
hey going to santa ponsa on friday with 4 mates were all 19,just wondering can anybody tell me whats the weather like over there,also has anybody stayed in the barcelo jairdin del mar apartments and what are they like oh and whats the best places to go at nite :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.