Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya,

I can't comment on the Jasmine, never stayed there myself, but there is a thread on this forum about it, gives lots of advice -
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4610&highlight=jasmine

As far as Gumbet goes, you'll notice loads more hotels have sprung up all over, there are many all inclusive hotels in Gumbet now. There is a walkway all along the length of the beach now, so it makes walking along the beachside much easier.
Bar Street has less bars and restaurants now than 8 years ago, and is nowhere near as busy as it used to be. The main street out of Gumbet into Bitez has many more bars and restaurants than before, and is probably as busy as Bar Street nowadays.
The rest of the resort you will still recognise though - have a lovely time 8) .

Elaine
Hey Elly,

Not much to add about Gumbet itself because Elaine knows everything thats worth knowing :D

As for the Jasmin its a great place to stay, i went with a couple of mates in 2004 and had a great time. Ask for the Narcissus block and you're better off with a high room to avoid the insects and you get a better view. The rooms in this block are really nice and modern with a proper full sized bath (not many of those round in turkey) and a nice power shower.

If you get one of the top rooms like we did then you are right near the top pool and bar which sounds like it would be good for your daughter (the pool that is!!)

I have some pictures of this so if you want them then give me a PM with your email address and i'll send them on.

you should have a fantastic time there! :-)
Ey yup Gaffer,

Where have you been hiding :D ???

Elaine
a very large rock!! haha...

We're going to get shouted at for going off topic here!

Not been on for a bit as i've been really busy at work, just dont get the chance... but fear not.. i am still around! :-)

hope you're good!
Just back from a week at the Jasmin 1st - 9th May, absolutely fantastic they have done the apartments up we had a truly fantastic time and would definately go back, i am going to put a proper review on when i get home from work this evening, but just wanted to say what a lovely time we had.

Thanks for everyones advice before we went i cant believe i was so worried about going, my son (4) fell in love with Sedat (playboy) and he with him they spent hours playing in and around the bar it was brill.

Loups
:D oh its great to hear that the apartments are still good, or better by the sound of it. I have been twice and had brilliant holidays both times.
http://www.jasminbeach.com/index.html

i have been lookin for this for ages :lol: how simple it was too :oops:

Elly xxx
Hi Loups,

Delighted you had afab time, we always have at the Jasmin.

Is Sharky still running the main pool bar/restaurant?
Yeah i think his real name is Verdat (not sure though) heres my review at last, i really loved it there and will definately return next year.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/bodrum-region/gumbet/jasmin-beach-apartments/
Sorry Sharky now works on the beach front at Jasmin Water Sports.
Is anyone flying from east mids on monday 5th june to the Jasmin we are going for 7days but have to stop at humberside to pick up more passengers on the way (must be travelling with stagecoach :wink: )
Is Sandy still working on the Jasmin watersports? Blonde English (Mancunian!) woman, married to a Turkish guy, she's been there for years....
We have been back from the Jasmine 2 weeks now and I wish we were still there it is a really lovely place friendly and if like us you e-mail for a quiet room we got Begonia block it was peacefull all week we are planning to go back in september while you are there try Mary's resturant it was delicious!! I loved the fact that everywhere you go there is a park or a play corner for the kids. They can't wait we only went for 1 week as we are moving house it was far too short a time to spend there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.