Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
jasmine beach
18 Posts
Hi surj :wave
Yes I've been to Yasmine Hammamet, it's a lovely place. You have nothing to worry about. Not sure about the weather during these times and not sure if the sea would be suitable for swimming as maybe a little cold; not been in Feb or March. If your hotel has an indoor heated pool you'll be able to swim.

Yasmine Hammamet has a beautiful marina where you can stroll around, can't remember the name of the boat restaurant but that's sells good food with excellent service. Also there's alot of good restaurants around the marina and the complex.

There's a supermarket onsite, an ice-skating rink (it's small but serves its purpose), an amusement park, and a small medina (last time I checked it cost 1 dinar for entry). In the summer months they had an inflatable bouncy castle for younger children.

Also there's pedalo bike things (don't know the proper name, please excuse me..lol) that you can hire and scoot around the complex which fit around 2-4 people. Plenty of suitable food for children.

Entertainment is in the hotels also, and you don't have to be a resident guest to watch. You can also use any hotel's spa facilities should you wish to have a thalassotherapy, sauna, steam, massage, etc. I also found that hotels are of a higher standard than those in sousse, PEK and main hammamet.

Last time I was there, we glimpsed the president's daugter on a quad bike.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there, it's a lovely serene place that I always love to visit. For me it's like the Beverley Hills of Tunisia. I also found no hassle in yasmine hammamet as you do in other resorts, mainly because it's secluded. It's beautiful to just stroll around. There is also a canal area around the back, which is very quiet if you want to get away from the marina.

If you want to experience the real tunisia you can also take a taxi or bus to hammamet's main louage station and from there take a louage to sousse, tunis, monastir and other places.

Have a great time, don't forget to try cous cous with lamb (my favourite), cous cous with chicken, fish, vegetables, and makrouth sweets. :cheers
Hi Round s a Pound :)

Wow, thankyou so much for your detailed reply. I've had butterflies in my tummy ever since i booked in january and your message was EXACTLY what i've been needing to calm my nerves. Today was the best day i could have read what you wrote cos dadadadaaaa, this morning we got our flight tickets through the post! I'm really excited and have noted everything you recommended and all the hotspots you mentioned. Can't wait to have a hammam..or seaweed wrap lol i'm not fussy! Can you guys keep your fingers crossed for good weather there in march..that's all we need now for what sounds like a smashing holiday! Oh i actually read somewhere that yasmine beach hotel doesn't have heated indoor pools :yikes . Can anyone let me know if that is true...cos i'll be gutted if the water's too cold for my kiddies. Thanks again Round, and all others who offer valuable information to first timers like myself. :cheers
You're welcome :)

I think you've picked the best place for a first time to Tunisia with children. My daughter and I started in PEK but looking back I wish I'd have gone to yasmine hammamet first time around.

Whatever the weather it'll be better than here. It should be 15-20C during this time. We've been twice at the beginning of April and although it wasn't hot and could get quite windy, we never felt really cold, like when I visited in Dec & Jan.

Just pack some light jackets, long sleeve shirts, maybe the odd jumper, and a few light trousers but definetely no full blown winter clothes are needed.

You don't need to panic, we'll all be looking forward to your report when you get back.
will defo defo DEFO write my review when i get back! I'm hoping it's gonna be a glowing one...! Really excited about going, esp since kids will surely enjoy. Any more tips feel free to let me know. like thatword for shame on you...hahaha...and any other useful phrases.
Try The View for good food in a pleasant atmosphere. It's run by Kate, an English lady and her Tunisian husband and has a lovely outdoor terrace with views of the esplanade and the beach!
the view? great, got it! surewilldo.
any more posts about useful phrases?...like go away..too expensive..HOW much???!lol.
(All spelt phonetically) How much - kaddesh? Too expensive - gahli barcha; I've got no money - ma fish faloos; May I have - Attini; Please - min fahtlik; Thank you - Shokran; No - la; Yes - Naam (or aye); Hello - aslemma :lol:; Goodbye - bislemma;' Good morning - sbarkia; Good evening - Messa el Khir; Good night - Ala Khir; How are you? - Lebes? (reply - lebes Hamdullah (I'm well thanks be to Allah); Sorry or excuse me - Sahmahni; Go away - imshi; Srop bothering me - metta keesh maiya; (put these together so: Metta keesh maiya min fahtlik, imshi - stop bothering me please, go - always works a treat :rofl

Here endeth the lesson for today and I hope you find it useful.

Just realised we've been seriously :offtop as this was supposed to be about the hotel or at least Hammamet so sorry mods, I'll try to be good in future. :angel2
thanx aslemma or should i say hellol....i'm a quick learner huh?? as for the wrong topic..i apologise folx MY FAULT.....
god....i've got about 23 days to learn all that.....surj, start CRAMMING!
If you'd studied a bit harder, you'd have said "shokran" but I'll let you off this time as you are still a beginner. :rofl As for 'kaddesh', all info on here is provided free and comes with no guarantee!! Bislemma surj!!
hello people hope you are all well. Going to tunisia in 2 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!!!!!
hye Surj, how did your holiday go ?
WE are going in July staying in Yasmine hammemet yasmine beach and like you, we are worried as well. I have never been to Tunisia. what was the entertainment like for the kids ?
we have only ever been to Spina before and liked the entertainment there.
Hiya we had a fab holiday at yasmine beach hotel. I have to ask how old are your kids? You see, mine are all little (5,3,2 when we went). Everything we did was enjoyable and we based our holiday around the children. I'll just tell you the good first and then maybe the few negatives that I can think of.OKay we took the kids out during the day, we went to Carthage Land theme park which is just a stones throw away (the kids and us walked there). It is quiet there and has a bit of a farm type thing aswell with a camel, pigs, rabbits with bunnies, chickens and more. There were about maybe 5-6 rides that my kids could go on and they loved them but the rest of the rides were for ages 10 and over. We also planned another day with a guy who came into the hotel to go on a "pirate" ship. You have to put down a deposit and pay the rest on the day you go. Basically you get on a coach to the harbour about 25mins away and then get on a ship with other tourists from other hotels and sail out to sea.....they say you may see dolphins and whales and in july you might but in march we didn't. However it was still fun. You get your meal there, (basic but edible) and apparently it's proper tunisian food. It lasts for the best part of a day and make sure you take a shawl or suming cus it does get cold (we didn't know that). Another thing we did is one of those horse and cart rides they offer just outside the hotel. You'll have to let me know if you need prices and i'll try to remember. The guy takes you all the way round the block, lasts about maybe 15mins, and you get a lovely ride and view of the place. The driver let my eldest 2 ride up front with him and they loved it! We took the kids on the noddy train which again was just for the ride more than anything but it is fun. It goes further and actually now i think of it my boys did get a bit bored on that. Oh and cus we chose an open carriage they got cold! So choose a carriage with glass which we did on the way back. Oh I just remembered, at carthage land you can buy a ticket for everything (we declined) a ticket for just carthage, or carthage and i can't remember the name but it was a pirate ride sorta thing. We bought the one for the two. It was amazing. You sit on a boat and it's just a big ride with like moving statues and figures and it's all in the semi-darkness. It was pretty scary stuff! And i'm not sure cus my french ain't that good (alot of the stuff is in french so brush up on that if anything) but i think on the ticket it says you can come back for free any other day aslong as you present your tickets which i thought was good value for money. Okay on the downside, the hotel doesn't offer that much on he entertainment side of things. It didn't really bother me as my children were tired by then anyway (evenings) and obviously i couldn't go an watch anything without them. We were however there only for a week and in that time there were two shows. One a bellydancing thing which was entertaining to say the least, and a dance show which was on the day we left so we only saw the rehearsals and not the main, but it did look good. Anyway, hope that helps, feel free to ask if i missed out anything. It's my first family holiday and you know what? i definitely recommend it but you must go with an open mind and ignore the bad reviews. We did and by the way, it's clean, comfy and the people very friendly. I have a very delicate stomach and was dead concerned i'd get ill but I WAS FINE! Not even one day of sickness! Kids were fine too. After we went on the ship my husband had a dodgy tummy for the next day but all i say is don't eat the salad on the ship. You can in the hotel (we did) but i was a bit cautious about the hygiene on the ship. Okay bye for now.
So pleased you had a good holiday Surj and thanks for telling us about it. You are, of course, more limited with young children but it seems you managed to find plenty to amuse them and if they are happy you can relax. Did you manage to visit Kate at The View?
yes aslemma i did! and i told her that she was getting great reviews here in blighty and that i woulld also say how good it was. My kids had sausages and tomato ketchup (one thing our otherwise great hotel lacked) i had a jacket spud, hubby had burger and chips and two cokes all for about 9quid!! it's a lovely place.
Surj thank you very much for your reply. The information you have given me sounds very helpfull.
My children are 11, 8 and 6.
what were the pools like at the hotel and were they clean ? what was the food like at the hotel ? is the beach clean ?
I like to relax on my holidays around the pool and have the odd days out. we are going for 2 weeks. o did the air con serve its perpose ? we are going in July and Im worried that the air con wont be strong enough to keep us cook in the room. xx
sorry for late reply shell b, not been online 4 a while.
Ur kids being older than mine may not be so easily pleased... i know my 5 year old has already learned "i'm bored"!
Anyway, the pools were okay, i'm probly not the best person to ask cus i'm not a swimmer and it was the first time i was taking my kids. but the indoor pool was nice. It was clean and seemed safe enough but it was pretty cold i don't know what temperature a pool should be tho! we didn't use the outdoor pool cos we went in march and although it was warm out the pool water was ice cold! They certainly looked appealing and while we were there the outdoor pool was being drained and repainted. We had a garden/pool view so we could see the outdoor pool. Actually there were two outdoor pools but i think cus we went off peak one of them was closed. As we were due to come home tho (19th march) they were preparing the hotel for a tunisian wedding and alot of work was being done! As for the air conditioning, ours was working fine!if its too hot in july mebbe you could ask reception for a fan....? sorry i don't know what else u can do. well im sure you'll all have a great time, laters. :wave:
Surj thanks again for your reply x
your answers have been very helpful. IM looking forward to it now :fly althought i hate flying lol
cheers ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.