Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Javea
51 Posts
its my first time to javea at the end of may. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Wat will the weather be like? also what exactly is there to do ie nightlife, restaurnats etc.
Hi mandii ... you will find our Weather Q&As topic HERE.

As for Javea itself, you could wait for some personal feedback, or if you use the Search function at the top of the page using keyword Javea, you should be able to retrieve several previous topics and hopefully pick up some tips and advice.

David :wave
Hi Mandii

It depends on what your looking for. I have been to Javea several times and I love it. The beach is fantastic lined at the back with restaurants and bars I can thoroughly reccomend The Champagne bar restaurant and if you want a real cheapy go to scallops at the far end of the beach. There are plenty of bars and my 3 kids found several bars and clubs that were open til 4am, although it is not at all rowdy it is a real family resort. Make sure you go to the port area there are some very good restaurants down there including one right on the edge of the rocky beach I can't remember the name but take a wander and you will find it, very romantic. You will need to drive or get a taxi. Finally on the rocky beach right next to the arenal beach there are a couple of beach bars where you can sit and watch the sun go down, fantastic.

Tony00
Many thanks for all the replies.

I've managed to get a good deal on the car hire and we've started to make a note of all the places you have said are worth a visit.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the evening entertainment, specifically for a 7 year old. Are there any kids clubs in the bars/hotels in the Javea area?? We are staying in a private apartment so I would like to go somewhere a bit lively for an hour or so each day/evening or she'll be bored riged! :roll:

Less than 3 weeks to go now - we fly on the 24th May! Yippee Is it too early to start packing? :lol:

Thanks,

Mel
I love Javea , my brother lives there. In the Port there are lots of lovely little traditional Tapas bars and cafe bars.
If you like it a bit livlier there are plenty of busy bars in Arenal.
very useful guide :

http://www.javea24hrs.com/guideindex.html

or look at the links of

http://www.villa-javea.de/indexe.htm

I wish you a pleasant vacation.
We have a holiday house there and love Javea
Hi me and my boyfriend are thinking about going to Javea mid Aug we're a young couple so do you think it would be suitable and if so have you any recommendations about things to do?
thanx :)
It is more of a family resort: i doubt if there are many nightclubs there. However, others more familiar with the place might know otherwise.
Hi,

I was there last August with my 3 children 22/20/16 and they certainly found some bars and clubs which were open til 6am. I think one of them was just outside Javea about 1km. They had a really good time, but as the previous post says it is mainly for families.

Tony
We're going back to Javea again tomorrow (can't get enough of the place! :D ) This time it's only me, my partner and 7 year old daughter and we would like to eat in the Spanish restaurants rather than the touristy ones.

Does anybody know of any good tapas bars? We didn't really explore the old town at all when we were there in May, just the port and the beach, so maybe they are all there? If you have any specific recommendations that would be great - we've tried a google search.

This time we are planning to go to Terra Mitica and have heard that McDonalds are doing vouchers, is this the case in Javea?

Thanks,

Mel :)
hi

were going to javea for the 1st time on 3rd sept.

i found this website which has a good guide to bars and restaurants

http://www.javea24hrs.com/guideindex.html

now if i could only find out which baby formula and baby food jars they sell in the supermarkets there i would be all set!

any chance of having a look for me when you go? thanks
any chance of having a look for me when you go? thanks

Yes will do, how old is your baby and what do they normally have at home? I will try to look for the same things.

Thanks for the website rec, I've seen that one before and we've taken a couple of recommodations off there but there only seems to be one actual tapas bar in the ones they've listed! Anyway, we've got a couple of ideas of where to look.

I'll get back to you about the baby stuff. :)

Mel
hi there,

heres another link you may like to look at - http://www.javea-web.com/javea-web.htm

in temrs of baby food, hes 8 month old and is on Cow and Gate formula - Stage 3 in a purple drum type container. (this one - http://www.auravita.com/products/AURA/NUIA10165.asp )

Re jars - anything Organic is fine.! Nappies - pampers or huggies are fine!

Really need to travel light as our baggage allowance is a paltry 15kgs each with nothing for the baby. If we can get away without packing lots of formula, food and nappies we may be OK. We went to crete in may and had 20kgs each and were still way over!

Thankfully we are staying in a villa this time with a washing machine, so dont need as many clothes!
That link is really good Geoggy
we are staying in a villa in the cap marti area in September just south of Arenal but we have stayed before on Montgo twice and on Rafalet.

Javea is lovely.
I am going to a villa in Javea and was wondering if anyone had any info on the area. Is there any nice restaurants, pubs, good beach areas, good supermarkets etc...
Hi littlestubzi ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so hopefully you may now find some useful info in earlier posts.

David :wave
:D Hi,

We have a villa in Javea and spend our holidays there for 6 years.
Every year we find new restaurants in Javea.
Our favourites this summer were :
Tertulia in the old town , just below the old church Bacchus(road to Benitatxell)
Romantica and El Horno: a bit difficult to find: behind Humpty Dumpty which is at the main street opposite Tourist office Arenal and Deutsche Bank
Pizzeria Pepa: at the Arenal beach
For breakfast : Austriaco / Cafe Wien at the Arenal beach
There are a lot of supermarkets, a very good supermarket is Mercadona . There is a weekly market in the old town (near post office) every Thursday.
You find the sandy beach Arenal with promenade , many bars and restaurants , harbour promenade with gravel beach (restaurants are more expensive than Arenal)
Wonderful bay : Grandadella and some more

If you like diving or snorkeling or just spend a day on a Katamaran :
Contact Diving Martin (above the harbour)

Have a nice stay in Javea !

Edited to remove use of bold text in random words
David HT Mod
is melt 71 not back yet?? :D
Molineros: can you explain where Grandadella is? I know Javea vaguely. I know where the Arenal, the Port area and the Dolphin roundabout are. Can you explain in relation to these areas. Many thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.