Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Linsi

If you booked when luggage was still included in the basic price then it would be logical (in computer terms!) for it to be not shown as a seperate item on your booking. Does your confirmation mention a weight limit? I notice in the posts from last Autumn that the limit went up 5kg when they started charging seperately.
Hi Steve, Linsi has stated that she only booked in September and paid extra for her luggage.
I have travelled fairly regularly in the past with Jet 2 and the allowance used to be 18kg before they started charging although before that it was 20kg then they reduced it and put it back up again . :que

Sue :)
Sorry, I mistook the date the bag price was increased for when it was introduced. In that case there is no logical reason! Except that they introduced a rule, changed it at least twice and then altered the software all in the space of a year so it was always likely that something would go wrong. It must be a nightmare at checkin if the passengers can have two or possibly three different baggage allowances for the same flight depending on when they booked.
Hi Steve, to make it easier for them, they didn't have different allowances. What they did was introduce the baggage charge on a certain date but they kept the allowance the same i.e 18kg until November when they upped it to 20kg. They knew then that everyone travelling after November had paid the baggage charge.
I was a bit miffed because when I travelled with them in September (can't remember when I booked) I had paid the baggage charge of £5 each way but still only had 18kg allowance.
Hope that makes sense. :que

Hi Steve, when i got our original confirmation on 6th September 07, it stated both our names and...1 bag(s) against both our names for our outbound and our inbound.

I asked for another email to be sent to me on 21st January 08 and this also stated the same.
Getting a little fed up of this now. We have never had any problems in the past.

Regards
Lindsey
Linsi

Finally got my booking to show on line but like you I now have no bags showing when I paid for them previously.

I wouldnt pay for them again but if you are going in the near future you should contact them again and suggest that they reduce the payment to reflect the phone calls you made. I have a few weeks yet so I will leave for the time being

Regards

emeritus
emeritus,
Glad its not only me. We are not going until July so i will wait and see what happens. When are you going?

Linsi
I have won a free flight with Jet2 and sent an email to them requesting flight availability for the end of june as I also want to travel with my 2 friends. It has now been 2 weeks and I still have not heard anything from them. Has anyone had the same problem?Or know what to do?Or what the correct procedure is in booking your free flight and how to add other passengers who are also wanting to travel at the same time??
linsi-
I have the same issue as you-booked and paid for seats and bags in November-now when I check jet2 website, it says no bags! However-when I check here: https://jet2.departurekiosk.com/
it shows my bags. I remember using this website when I originally booked-maybe jet2 don't use it any more? Can you see your bags here?
I've printed out all my confirmation emails and a screenshot of the airkiosk page-hopefully this will be enough to prove I've paid for bags. Considering this company relies so heavily on their website, all of this extremely annoying.
  • Edited by delia 2008-03-08 14:01:58
Linsi

I am going in June to Faro.

I have no intention of paying for the bags again, it might be that it will be sorted in the next week or two as they clearly have had some problems with their site and there must be lots of people who are in the same psition as us.

Emeritus
Delia

Thanks for the information

Just checked and my bags are there so I will print and take with me.

Regards

emeritus
Their new website is very confusing and misleading. Why have they changed it. Old website gave prices including taxes upfront & was very staightforward. New website does not include taxes on their prices(Very Attractive Prices!!) on page 1 Low fare Finder & you dont get the true price until you hit the booking/paying stage which the cost is over 2 times more when they have added taxes etc. I have sent an email to Holiday Which as I feel they are misleading customers. I thought that all airlines had now to display their prices upfront. I have consequentley booked with Monarch they are cheaper.Cheers Jayjan
The Office of Fair Trading is currently probing Jet2.com web fares .... click here for more info.

Contact details can be found on the OFT website if anyone wishes to make submissions to them.

David :wave
Hi David, I had a reply from Holiday Which Consumer Association and they said it would be passed to the appropiate department and investigated. I am glad others have complained like me and we will then get an upfront pricing like other airlines are doing. They also told me that Ryanair was made to take their website off the internet and get it made legal.Cheers Jayjan
  • Edited by jayjan 2008-03-14 11:33:27
Hi David, I too have put a complaint in tonight via the OFT website about Jet 2 misleading customers, lets hope that more will follow and something is done about it. ;)

Just a quick note for those of us who were worried that our "paid for" bags were not showing on the new website. They are now. Thank goodness.

Linsi
Hi, this is probably a stupid question but is there any way you can see how full a flight is? When I booked seats a few months ago the seat plan was shown but now it doesn't come up - it's not a major issue but I'm just curious :-D
I'm not 100% sure but I think that the seat plan only shows when you have commited to buy. That's why you can't see it when you're just browsing.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.