Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks ccmc!

I was wondering how strict Jet2 are with the size of hand luggage. Their limits are less than a lot of other airlines. Do they strictly enforce the size issue, or would you get away with a few cms larger. I must admit i've never even had my hand luggage checked for size/weight before and certainly at Alicante where i'm flying back from they've never even asked if i had any. Wondering if they will be more strict at Manchester on the way out?

Best Regards - Taggy
Anyone else having problems with the Jet2 website?

Everytime I try the Low Fare Finder the dates come up blank as though there are no flights.
Hi Jan, I have just been on their websites and it looks fine to me. Maybe you should try again.
Linsi.x
hi there
trying to get price from jet2 for feb7th to malaga from either man or newcastle. every time i go to page it will not show prices. am i to early(ryanair and easyjet both available0 or is there a problem

thanks jerome
Hi Jerome.

If you look at the timetable for flights from Manchester to Malaga on the Jet2 website, they stop on 2nd Nov 2008 and don't resume till 23rd Mar 2009. Presume this is why you aren't being shown prices.
thanks never noticed that presumed they flew through the winter. never mind will just have to book easyjet
Folks,

Are you charged extra to check in online? Also, if you have already booked your seats like I have for Belfast/ Malaga on 18 Sept, do I still have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight?

Also, if I did check in online, how many hours before the flight must I be at the airport. Im having diffs getting into the Jet2.site.

Thanks to help
Jilly
Hi All,
Can you tell me if I can still make a booking on line with jet2 pre-book seats then you can book your boarding passes, I want to do but I have not got a printer, can I make the booking save it and send it to another printer to print the boarding passes off.

Regards
Pete.
Can anyone tell me what jet2 planes are like? never flown with them before, as my flights with xcel have gone, bit worried about booking them. Do they have entertainment,ie tv on board, food ,are they likely to fly or could they be next to go bust?
shamus,

Jet2 offer the same sort of inflight experience as XL. The planes are a little older (737-300 / 757-200) and not quite as modern though. Seat pitch is the same but they don't offer IFE (Mezze hand held DVD players can be hired for £5 per sector).

Darren
Hi Shamus,

We fly with JET2 all the time. The seat pitch is fine (the OH is 6ft 2ins and doesnt complain, so it MUST be ok). You can buy hot food on board if you wish or you can take your own food. Like Darren said, there is no entertainment on board (only the cabin crew) lol, but that does not spoil the flight as there is that much going on with the food, drinks and gifts and clearing the rubbish away (not the OH unfortunately) But i would also like to know what the chances are of JET2 going into administration, as i travel with them in 3 weeks time and i have booked flights for next July.

Linsi
Hi
Going to Palma from Newcastle next Saturday, going to try the online check in today which should be straight forward. However, will I need to find a computer and printer in resort to check in for the return flight or can it be done at home before we go?
Also I am informed that Jet2 still allow 'pooling' of luggage allowance, anyone been recently and can confirm this?

Thanks
Dont know about the pooling of luggage, but i recently flew from Manchester - Alicante with them and we were able to check in for our return flights from the uk before we left!

Best Regards - Taggy
How safe are Jet2 in comparison to other Airlines? Are they growing too fast which could leave them vulerable? Looking at the big picture?

I suppose the answer is how long is a piece of string?

Sue
keela1eva2,

They have a good safety record. Jet2, and previously Channel Express have had their incidents like many other airlines (minor). Their aircraft are old but well maintained and they meet current safety regulations so there's no problem there. I wouldn't say they are growing too fast, they are doing so at a steady pace unlike what Flyglobespan tried to do a couple of years ago which backfired on them big time.

Darren
Camel,

The pooling of luggage is fine as long as the passengers are listed on the same booking and each member of the party have selected a baggage allowance.

Darren
Thanks Darren
My question was really how financially sound are they given the current climate?
I have flown with them numerous times on short hops to Ireland Barcelona Venice etc. I think as a low cost Airline they are better than their competitors.

Just from a personal experience.

Sue
keela1eva2,

sorry, when you said safe I though you meant in terms of their safety record. I've heard nothing to suggest they are having financial problems although the big test is the quieter winter season. Airlines tend to keep things quiet if they are having problems as well, ie XL so you just have to trust them. In terms of expansion, I think Jet2 are taking a cautious approach. They are doing so little and often to establish routes before moving on to the next ones. If they fail, they pull them at an early stage. I've seen this at Blackpool where they tried several routes before establishing the market place. This is oposite to what Flyglobespan did, opening up lots of routes at the same time with a limited number of aircraft. They were overworked and caused loads of problems with knock-on delays and aircraft out of position etc. Jet2 operate a more cautious approach so I wish them well. As you say, my experience of them is they are pretty good as a low cost airline.

Darren
Thank you Darren and Taggy, swift reply as always
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.