Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi - its because the flights are either not available/ or have not been scheduled yet. I know because I'm having the same problem- I can book my flight out on the 21 oct (09), to alicante from leeds, but their schedule only goes up to the 24th oct- meaning I cannot book my inbound flight (I get the same message as you)

Does anyone know when the flights will be available to book at end of oct/November(09) from leeds to Alicante please?

Cheers, belly
Has anyone noticed that the baggage allowance appears to have increased from 17 to 22kg? This applies to bookings made after 20th October 2008 or to all travel on or after 31st March 2009. A pleaseant surprise. Next thing is they'll be removing the fuel surcharge!
Yeh i noticed today that they have increased the luggage allowance to 22kg but they have also upped the price. Leeds and Bradford to Alicante now incurs an additional charge of £15.98 for baggage which has increased by £2.00. Not bad for an extra 5kg but only if you make use of it.

Sue :)
I've just noticed that you have posted that it also applies if you travel after 31st March so does that mean that if you have only paid £13.98 for 17kg but are travelling after that date then you still get the extra allowance?
:clap :clap Oh I've just had a look and it's appears that we will have the extra allownace even though we have only paid £13.98 each when I booked it in September as we are travelling at the end of May 2009.

Sue :)
Very good news :D I was going to have to add and pay for another hold bag but won't need to now with this added allowance(not flying until July 09)
Has anyone used jet2 as a holiday company thinking of booking for next year to go to ibiza and dont want to do it seperate in case of collapse, and they are only asking for a 200 pound deposit. Can anyone recommend them. Thanks Diane.
Hi Diane ... we have a separate topic about Jet2 Holidays in our Tour Operators forum ...please click here.

David :wave
Hi,
Anyone know why Jet2 have taken off the flights from Belfast to Tenerife? Was trying to book for next July but they're not there anymore :(
Thanks.
erincc,

It might have been pulled because it wasn't working or the aircraft is better utilised elsewhere.

Darren
Hi everyone.

Never travelled with Jet2 before and looking to book for 2 of us to fly to heraklion next year. Just wondering how secure their state is (ie it's not likely that they'll go bankrupt any time soon) as they are cheaper than easyjet, offer more suitable flight times and more backage allowance. Also what are their planes like in comparison to the likes of easyjet?

THanks a lot

Andrew
andrew_glasgow,

Nobody can predict the future, but Jet2 is a good airline with a sound business model and unlike some of their rivals, tread carefully so you should be fine. Jet2's aircraft (Boeing 737-300 / 757-200) are a lot older that the likes of Easyjet and a little tatty around the edges, but they are well maintained and comfy enough. Have a look at my trip reports for more details:

Jet2.com LS761 Blackpool - Malaga 8th june 2007

Jet2.com LS762 Malaga - Blackpool (diverted Manchester) 10th june 2007

Darren
I have just booked some flights to Tenerife and the prices increased rather dramatically from the base price after going through the booking process. Extras added on were taxes, fuel supplement and card charges. I thought it was illegal to price flights this way and the upfront price should include all compulsory charges. The only voluntary charges were hold baggage at £9 each way per case which I thought was excessively expensive. Anybody got any views on this.
I think it's only illegal to advertise the base the price without extras (eg on the side of a bus or in a banner on the website). Building the price up during the booking process isn't covered, virtually all airlines will at least add card charges and if these are per transaction rather than seat they can be classed as variables. But I agree that £9 a bag is a lot.
Flying with Jet2 in the next couple of weeks to Lanzarote. Do they have inflight entertainment? I'm presuming not, but just thought I'd ask the question.
Thanks
Crinkle,

No IFE I'm afraid. They used to hire handheld DigE players with a selection of programmes / films, but they've stopped this now.

Darren
Jet2 have now announced free priority boarding if you check in online

http://www.jet2.com/News.aspx?id=554

Not sure exactly what that means though as I am about to pre-book my seats anyway which was the plan to sit together and also to avoid the queues, I'm a bit confused now.
Stardust2000, I booked our flights last July for this July and I also prebooked our seats, Dazbo have you any idea what will happen now.
Any info appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.