Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
linsi,

Depending on your booking and what you've paid, you'll be entitled to 22kg of checked in luggage in one bag. if you want to check two bags in, eg 2x 11kg, then there's another charge for the second bag. If you only want to take one bag up to 22kg, you've already paid for it. All the charges and conditions are very confusing, especially when they keep changing them!

Darren
Cheers Darren,
It is confusing because I only paid £6.99 per bag and now Ithink they are charging £14.99 per bag, therefore I was thinking that the people that paid for their bags since the price rise would be allocated 22kgs but because I only paid £6.99 I would only be able to take 17kgs.

Had to pay excess baggage charges last time of 27 Euros. I think their scales were wrong (ha ha).

But going back to the allowance it is really confusing.
Lins
Hi Lins,

I agree with Darren (he is a guy who knows!). I booked my flights, seats, bags etc.,back in January, for travel in June and because we are travelling (like you) after 31st March 2009 the higher baggage allowance applies, i.e. 22 kg. I know the later one leaves booking, the higher the charges for bags etc. I paid STG39.96 for 2 bags x 2 legs as it were, so was charged for 4 (2 out and 2 back). So your 6.99 compared to my 9.99 was a bit of a bargain.

Happy hols,
ccmc
We, like you booked early, we are travelling in May but booked way back in August and paid around £55.00 return for 4 bags. The way I understand it, we too are entitled to 22kg as we are travelling after the end of March. I can't beleive how much it has gone up.I also booked for September nice and early so the same applies then, thank goodness.

Sue :)
Hi Sue,
Maybe when you return you will be able to post and let us know if we are correct, although Darren is the expert so we will be right. I hope we are or else there will be a lot of excess baggage to pay :rofl
Lins
Hi Linsi, I'll post on my return although Im sure Darren will be right.

It's what they are quoting on their website so I'm sure all will be fine.

Have a great time, just off to book some flights myself, albeit to a less exotic destination! :sun2 :cheers

Darren
Just phoned 01132508518 for assistance (it is the ticket desk at leeds/bradford airport),instead of the 0870 number on the website.The operator was able to deal with my enquiry,saving a 50p a minute call.
Thanks for that jeaniepoohs. good to know.

:yikes :yikes I can't believe this!!! Jet 2 have now put the baggage prices up yet again, it's now £31.98 for checked in luggage to Alicante return. We paid £13.99 last August for travel in May this year, how much of an increase is that? Unbelievable, the baggage charges will soon be more than the flights and taxes put together.

Sue :(
Sue,
Have you checked your booking since you booked last year. Have you registered your passport details OR can we do that at the airport check in desk (I cant believe that for a frequent flier, I am coming across as so thick) :rofl
Lins
linsi,

Are you meaning Advance Passenger Information? Details are on Jet2's website, about 1/3 way down the page. You can provide it online via 'manage my booking' (easiest), by phone or at check-in.

Darren
Darren, Thanks for quick response. I dont think it is the Advance Passenger Information, that has been in force for some time now, or have JET2 just started introducing it. Please see below. This is further down their page.

lins
  • Edited by David 2009-04-24 17:56:52
    Post edited for copyright reasons
linsi,

It's the same sort of thing, but extended to include international destinations when travelling from / to the UK from March 2009. Just go to 'manage my booking' and fill your details in (carefully!).

Darren
:yikes :yikes I didn't know about this either, better get it done this weekend. Can you do it anytime before you fly? Can I do mine for September and May?

Thanks for the info.

SUE ALLEN,

You can enter your details online from the time you make your booking up to 5 hours before your flight departs. It does say it's also possible to do it at check-in but from the details given, that'll be too late :que

Darren
Oh thank you Dazbo 5, is this the same for all airlines now? Haven't Ryannair been doing it for a while? What's it all about? Is it to prevent Terrorism? Sorry for all the questions. :think

Hi. Our holiday is booked through Thomas Cook although the travel documents says "sunset" Also we are flying with Jet2 and not t.cook airlines. When I queried this I was told (by girl in travel shop) that jet2 is part of t.cook. Is this correct?
We are travelling from stansted.Our baggage allowance is 15kgs. I thought it had increased? Finally, we are travelling with grand children. What seats do I request so that we are not sitting over the wing. Thank you
Forgot to say we are going to majorca.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.