Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren, Thanks for the quick reply much appreciated.
When flying with a low cost carrier like Jet2 don't rely on them for buying food as they run out. I did a 4 our flight with them and could only buy pringles and chocolate. Make sure you take your own.
hi,

we're flying ncl-pmi in july.

getting all confused now. we booked as soon as flights came out last year.

on my booking its showing online check in, is this now mandatory? don't remember the option being available, just assumed airport checkin.

do we have the new larger baggage allowance?

also we've pre selected our seats, 5e+f, 6e+f. these now seem to be extra leg room. do we get this extra without paying the increased fee?

sorry if others have already asked simialar questions

joules
Hi Joules, you can only check in on line 28 days to 5 hours before you fly so if you do decide to, you won't be able to do it yet.
Yes, you do get the new allowance of 22 kg even if it was only 17kg when you booked.

Checking in online is not manatory, if you prefer you can wait until you get to the airport but if you do choose to check in on line it may save you having to queue as you just drop your bags in at the bag check in desk.

Don't know about your extra legroom, sorry.

In the future, it would be advantagious to check in online as it saves you a few quid but as you have pre booked your seats and already paid for baggage it doesn't really make any difference if you chose to book in online or wait until you get to the airport.

I've just booked in online and it was straight forward. I didn't pre book seats so it was pot luck where we would be sitting but fotunately we are all sat together both ways, it saved us £4.99 each, each way by leaving it to chance and paid off.

Hope this helps.

Sue :)
joules79,

You don't say what your flight numbers are, but I presume you're on the LS531/2? These are operated by a Boeing 737-300 or 757-200 depending on what day you are travelling. Weekend flights are a 757-200 that I think you're on given the extra legroom seating in the forward cabin. The front cabin offers a bit more legroom but I personally wouldn't pay £15 for it given it's not much extra and Jet2 offer a pretty comfortable standard seat pitch. If you've already resevered them you should have them at no extra charge as they've probably upgraded the aircraft since you booked to increase capacity.

Darren
Hi,
Does anyone know when the winter flights for 2009 - 2010 for Milan
are to be released.

Cheers

Steve
re a previous post about food onboard jet2 planes. We never book meals as its only just over 2hrs. to majorca but as we have a couple of grand kids with us who are forever hungry we were hoping for snacks for them. Do they often run out of food? We are flying saturday so I need to know whether to feed them in the airport.
thanks
majorcagirl,

They normally have enough onboard for flights from the UK, but they sometimes don't have enough left for the returning flight to the UK, depending on demand.They'll have enough snacks (chocolate, crisps etc), but the sandwiches tend to go.

Darren
I am flying with Jet 2 in August to Ibiza, I have booked my seat numbers and I am going to check in online before we go. I understand that I can do the return before we travel at some airports but am I able to for Ibiza aiport.
Have checked in online with Jet2 from Blackpool to Palma on 13th June and printed out boarding passes - so far so good. However when I come to try and do the same for the return flight on 20th June the website is showing this as unavailable.

Does anyone know whether online checkin is only available from the UK side or am I missing something. The Jet2 website states that checkin can be done online 28 days before the flight, which is today. :que
just back from faro with jet2.you have to wait until it is 28days till your return journey.
I checked in for our outward journey about two weeks before travel so I was able to do both there and back If you wait about another week you should be okay.
I would just like to say that it was one of the best flights we have had and we have flown with most airlines.I prebooked row 33 and the legroom was enormous (we did pay extra)
hope your flight is as good as ours ;)

jeanie
Thanks for both replies - It's now 27 days until our return to Blackpool from Palma and I still can't check-in online for the return journey. Is online checkin not available from Palma. :(
Cheers - John
Just checked our booking and checkin is now available. 20 days and counting :tup
boygeorgefan wrote:
Are JET2 getting a new livery.

Not that I'm aware of.

Darren
Possibly one for you Darren,
We are flying from Blackpool Airport to Murcia on 1st October and have not yet booked our seats.
What seats would be good ones near the front please? Dont really want to get stuck over the wing. cheers in advance.
Linsi
linsi,

Unless you opt for the extra legroom seats at the front, there's not a lot in it really. I personally like row 6 A/F as it gives perfect views from the window over the engine and wing for photos, but that's just me!! Anything forward of row 8 will do you. G-CELK/J are based in Blackpool.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply. Forward of row 8 it is then.
Have never flown from Blackpool before so this will be an experience.
Only comments ive had from friends are "oh no Blackpool Tower" :rofl
Night out in Blackpool the night before and there you go, free parking, what more do you want.
Linsi
linsi,

You'll be pleasantly surprised, BLK is a great little airport to fly from and Jet2 are the largest operator from there. Have a look at my trips reports (links on the What Aircraft? thread for photos and a bit more info. We also have a Blackpool Airport thread. I'll be flying from there a week on Monday :tup

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.