Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi everyone

great site i must say, i am flying to rhoades on the 29/07/2009 from manchester on jet2.com LS819, what i would like to know is the following
1, if i book online do i have to buy the prebooked seats
2, what type of aircraft is it 737-757?

any help with this would be great

:cheers
Hi Can only help you on seating,no you do'nt have tobuy prebook seats,they are an optional extra.Cant help you on the plane question,i'm sure someone will back to you on that one.
oz11,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-RHO-MAN (LS819/820) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. Refer to our What Aircraft? guide for more aircraft information. As oldies mentions, pre-booking / select your seat is optional.

Darren
We checked in online to go and we hadn't re-booked our seats as I refuse to pay for that.
But on the return journey they are asking you to pre select seat at a cost so we haven't done it.

Maryb
I'am I correct on saying that they don't have radio or TV on Jet2.

Maryb
Mary, you are correct on that one unfortunately.

linsi
Cheers Linsi,I will take headphones out of my bag.

Maryb
Going to menorca next week and checked in online without paying to reserve seats,which is a good thing as I refuse to pay.
Lets see if it saves time or will there still be a queue to drop bags off.
Anybody had Jet2 inflight meals without reserving them?

Maryb
Mary B,

Online check-in saves a lot of time, I always use it when it's available. There's sometimes a queue depending on the time of day to drop bags off, but it's normally quicker than the usual check-in queue. If you've not reserved a meal, you won't get one.

Darren
Just returned from flying with Jet2. Drop off fine at Leeds/Bradford airport. We arrived long before check in was due to open but were able to drop bags off no problem. On return however from Alicante you had to use a normal 'priority' check in desk. The girl was faffing about so much that the ordinary check in queue was moving faster than the priority :cry So although at L/B it was fine return airports may not be as quick.

Meals - on our return flight they had spare meals which they were offering for sale @ £8. As this was the last flight, they also offered half price sandwiches later in the flight after the usual food sales had taken place.
It's amusing they offered you discount sandwiches, kind of says it all about the operation.

I will

A. Have my own refreshments

B. My own entertainment (videos, MP3s etc)

C. Have read all about lounges Jet2 offer and none of them are worth the money

D. Priority check in and security is worthless when you are in a non-UK airport as it isn't a sure thing

So I'll keep my 25 quid per person for a nice meal the night before our J2 return flight to Blackpool. That said I've booked us 3 seats in a row with extra leg room outbound and inbound just so we don't have to fight with the hoi polloi.
Grunn wrote:
It's amusing they offered you discount sandwiches, kind of says it all about the operation.

Sounds like good business sense to me; they sell what they can at the normal price and sell the spares towards the end of the flight at a discount price rather than waste them. It's no different to what the high screet does with end of season sales.

Darren
Mary, DONT take the headphones out of your bag. I misunderstood you. I think there could be inflight music, maybe someone else will let us know. Cant believe i cant remember, flew 3 times with JET2 last year but i take my iPod.

Linsi
So I'll keep my 25 quid per person

I think you may have misunderstood me if you think we paid for priority check in. We actually SAVED money by checking in online which means you don't queue to 'check in' at the airport for your seats.

At Leeds they have a drop off point at Alicante they used a check in desk for 'priority' ie checked in customers. The problem was the staff at Alicante being so slow. We didn't need seat allocation as that's done free online when you check in so it was only a case of putting the suitcases through.
I was kind of thinking they might have at least given away the old sandwiches rather than binning them!

Guess that wouldn't fit the 'low cost' model of Jet2 though.

Know what you mean about the online checkin but it's good to hear they have a bag drop, wonder if I have to drop them off on the day at Blackpool or I can do it the night before. I'll check up and post the result here for the benefit of anyone with the question in future.

It's a shame that they can't guarantee priority check in at foreign airports otherwise I'd have bought it no question but I don't want a repeat of my experiences with easyjet and their 'speedy boarding' which meant I was actually one of the last to get a seat! (too long to go into here but don't bother with speedy boarding on easyjet at most foreign airports)
Grunn,

There isn't the facility to drop bags off the night before at Blackpool and Jet2 don't have the facility anyway. You might find our Blackpool Airport thread useful. There's a bag drop off desk for those that have checked-in online and only need to drop their bags off. Don't forget your £10 ADF before you go through security!

Darren
You don't pay to check in online with Jet2 which entitles you to priority boarding. Also when you check in online you are given your seat numbers both outbound and return which means you may have a better chance of being seated together rather than checking in at the airport. Both outbound and return my friend and I were had seats together.
So am I right in thinking that those who paid to reserve their seats have now been ripped off as we would have got the seat numbers when we checked in online anyway?

It's my second year of travelling with Jet2 but with all these constant optional add ons etc I am getting more than a little confused and as the hold luggage prices are now ridiculous I doubt that I will be using them again next year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.