Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just noticed YET ANOTHER charge!!!!!!! A CHECK IN FEE OF £24 The price for baggage has more that doubled on some routes since we travelled in April.Think JET2 are about to out price themselves with all the charges.I have just priced up a flight to Ibiza 99p going out and £19.99 comiing back = £149.50 thats with all the extra charges added on.
We've had the same with Ryanair Oldies, got flights for 0p out and 99p return and ended up not booking :yikes
Hi Glynis it's geing crazy witht all these charges.As we live near Blackpool its only jet2 that fly from there,so it either means paying or going all the way to Manchester.
Hi

we are travelling with my infant daughter in Sept - i notice that I can;t checkin online, does this mean our seats will be allocated when we check in at the airport, or have we already in effect been allocated seats?

Cheers
Lost,

Seating is allocated at check-in. You can pre-select your seats online (via My Bookings) at a charge if you want specific seats.

Darren
Your probably too early to check in online as it's only available 28 days prior to departure. Remember that you need to book return as well if you want to - 28 days before return. So you can wait 14 days before departure if you want to do the 2 together - or - do them separately. If you check in online your seats will be allocated when you do so.
I am going to check in online prior to our flight in August, is the bag drop at Manchester on the lower level where Jet2 check in is or is it on the next floor with the other check in desks.
Also will I be able to do online check in for my return flight from Ibiza and do they have a bag drop in Ibiza airport.
christine w,

It's in the same area where you normally check-in for Jet2, they have a dedicated baggage drop off desk by the usual check-in decks. You can check-in for your return flight 28 days before so you can do it after you've check-ed in for your outbound flight. There should be a bag drop off desk in IBZ, as above.

Darren
Thanks Darren, we have an early moring flight outbound so it`s a great help knowing where we are going.
Ear phones not needed on Jet 2 as there is no music,checked in online still had slight queue in Leeds,Menorca side it took 45mins in queue even though we checked in online so no difference there.
Flight on time both ways,took an hour to get our bags on return journey,otherwise no problems.

Maryb
can any one help with baggage allowance ,what is the baggage allowance with jet 2 going from manchester to majorca in august booked with travel republic and they say allowance is 17gk but when i print of voucher it reads 17kg if booked on prior to 19 oct if booked after 22kg
susan54321,

Up until the end of March 2009, the baggage allowance was 17kg. From 31st March 2009, baggage allowance is 22kg. Further details are available on Jet2's website.

Darren
Help!
I recently booked mine and my wifes flights with Jet2 - but ive booked her in her married name and her passport is in her maiden name.
I've spoken to the Jet2 call centre and they said to take our marriage certificate along with our passports and printed off online boarding pass to the check in desk and they will change the name free of charge.
I'm a bit worried about this.
Can anyone advise please?

thanks
stevei,

There's not much more you can do other than what has been advised by the airline. Have you got time to get her passport renewed? presumably not if you've already checked in (28 days before departure). I know that's more expensive than getting the name changed on the ticket, but it needs renewing anyway and at least you'oll have the correct documentation to travel under on the day and in the future.

Darren
Some of the summer 2010 seats are now on sale if anyones interested, initially looking a lot more expensive compared to this years prices.
Does anybody know which aircraft i will be flying on.

Im flying with Jet 2 from Manchester to Heraklion on 21st July 2009 on flight LS911.
i suspect a 752 3x3 seating 30" seat pitch NO IFE
just flown with jet2 ncl-pmi-ncl

used online check-in for both flights.

no wait at either airport for bag drop, clearly marked for jet2 plus and bag drop.

would fly jet2 again
dantpenny,

As Wizard Says Your Flight Will Be Operated By A Boeing 757-200

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.