Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Can you post the link for you report Mr Frostie .. i cant find it? :roll:
You can read the resort report HERE

Pippy :D
I must say that when we were last in Turkey we payed a visit to Altinkum for a few hours and weren`t very impressed. We thought the main shopping and cafe area wasn`t too bad, but the beach felt very hard and salty, a bit like Larnaca in Cyprus, and the atmosphere wasn`t as friendly as other places we`ve been to in Turkey. I`ve not said anything before because all the reports on here seemed favourable and I thought it might be us being too picky.
:( hope altinkum isn't as bad as people are starting to say.we have booked up to go there for next year staying at the esra apartments, i did read many good reports about altinkum before booking up.we have been to marmaris a few times and loved it there(i know altinkum is not as big as marmaris).
hope some people can come on and give some good comments about the place.

hellooooooooooooooooo from the northeast. :?
Hi northeast,
We arrived back from our second visit to Altinkum this year in the middle of september, and this resort post, bears no resemblance to our experience of this lovely resort.
We found the people to be friendly & helpful, as we have found in our previous visits to Turkey. There is plenty to do and see and although the beech is crowded during the day, every night it was raked and cleaned.
They had dustcarts coming round twice a day to pick up the rubbish from the hotels and restaurants, even at the weekends!!!!!. Yes you were asked to come into any restaurant as you walked past, but we found a polite not tonight thank you, or we are just going for a walk was meet with "maybe tomorrow then", and we never had any problems.
Please don't be put off by negative posts as we all have our different opinions. Just as an afterthought we found Kusadassi to be more like Germany than Turkey, but as I said before it's all about opinions.
Anyway northeast I hope you find Altinkum as we have, a great holiday resort.
Enjoy

Ian

PS We will be returning to our Turkish Paradice (Altinkum) next year
  • Edited by rambler 2005-10-06 20:26:33
hi northeast ,
as Rambler said its all a matter of opinion you may well enjoy Altinkum-it also depends where in the resort you stay as some parts are 'finished' and some still under construction!
I do feel that a resort that displays most prices in shops and restaurants in GB£s rather than Turkish Lira has crossed the line of 'not really Turkish!'
finally there is not much German about the old town of Kusidassi however I think the nationality of the tourist depends on which cruise liner is in port at the time :lol:
we love Turkey and will be back ...but not in little britain(altinkum)
thanx for your views .i do understand there is good and bad reports .just lets hope when i have been i can give a good report about the place.

hellooooooooooooooooooooo from the northeast. :)
:P morning

well i just had to post and tell you not to worry, Altinkum is great and it was my best best ever holiday, iv been nearly all over the world and i LOVED Altinkum the most

We stayed at the Orion which is up the top end beside Madusa night club, dont go to Madusa it is rubbish.

Go on the boat trips they are great.
We past the Ersa a couple of times and they look realy nice.
You will get bothered by the shop and resturants but be polite and they leave you alone, They are only doing what all the others are doing.

I would 100% go back to altinkum.

We are off to Side in a week so i will have something to compare it with.

But what i will say is a holiday is what you make it, if you go around badding everything then you are not going to enjoy it.

and i also thought the break dancers where great and very entertaining.

sorry but i can find no wrong with Altinkum

but each to there own.
hey northeast,
got back from altinkum a month ago, and after a fortnight of being back booked up to go back next year. Its amazing, best holiday iv ever had. It was my first time in turkey so i have no comparisons with other resorts but have no wish to go to any of them because i cant see them being able to get any better than altinkum. i stayed at the spice apartments and it was great. the atmosphere is brilliant and the locals are great.
we just got back on monday night from altinkum , we stayed at the esra apartments ( 2nd time ) and we loved it and can't wait to go back next year .
when i was in altinkum didnt really take much notice of hotel names, where abouts is the esra apartments. and if anyone can help thats been to or knows of the spice apartments and can tell me the name of the apartments next to it i would be grateful :D
:roll: hi,all im flying to altincum with 'onur air 'any info on them.anybody know what the esra appartments are like

will
Hi will,
we flew with Onur air for 2 weeks at easter and they were fine. Food was total rubbish but apart from that it was fine, nice flight, pleasant staff, free soft drinks for the kids.....ideal really!

have a good time.

Tina
:D thanks for that i have heard that before,do you know anything about the esra app.altincum.is turkey expensive know

will
Link here to a topic just on Onur Air, some good, some bad. We're also flying with them this year but as long as we get to Turkey who really cares if the food isn't great (which airline is!!) or there is no TV (kids have portable DVD players anyway)

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6144&highlight=onur

Bev
The most worrying part of your report mr frostie is that their still playing the Cha Cha Slide :shock:

Glad I picked Kusadasi again, off on Thursday can't wait :fly
Hi All, :D I am going to Altinkum for the first time in four weeks (i have been to Turkey 20 times or more). I do not like resorts that are too British either. Unfortunately it is us tourists flocking to Turkey in our millions that are causing this!?! I just intend to enjoy my holiday no matter what, and will make sure i seek out a 'Turkish corner'- even if i have to get a dolmus elsewhere. As for the hassle from shops and restaurants- it is part and parcel of a Turkish holiday- i am able to politely refuse by now, got it down to a t! :wink: I think you sometimes have to be determined to enjoy a holiday if you have heard bad reports- and do your best to seek out the positive side of things- otherwise aren't you just going to waste your money and have a miserable time?? :cry: Heather.
My personal opinion on Altinkum first time i went approx 10 years ago loved it been to Marmaris ever since except for last year fancied a change went back to Altinkum hated it. Not like the Turkey i'd found in Marmaris and Icemelar. Too English and not many options
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.