Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Just Back
32 Posts
Glad you had a great time sanji.
We have just arrived back from one week relaxing.Our apartment block in Torremolinos old town is having a exterior facelift and our pool has been drained.Any one planning to stay at the Griego Mar will suffer some noise,Mon-Fri.
Torremolinos station has track modification (track lowering Malaga side).All trains arrive/leave from Fuengirola side.
The Mellia Torremolinos has gone as Sanji said and there is pile driving and trench work going on.Also the Hotel Puerto Benalmadena is being demolished so some noise in that area.
Spoke to our friend Victor Sanji, he said he had accomodation in your hotel.Have had good reports from people staying at the Bali how good the entertainment he is organising.
One of our favourite spanish bars has gone Pacos in Arroyo is now a bank,the owner has opened a new smaller bar Don Pinchos further down the street.
Hiya Pipefitter

Look in your PM box
Perhaps indeed it would be nice if people who were long term contributors to this site did not think of themselves as omniscient and who's opinions were worth more that anyone else's. Holidays and foreign countries are a matter of individual taste and perception. Everyone is entitled to see things as they personally wish to see them. There are places I love and others I would not go back to in a million years, but I would try only to guide others, not to ram my opinions down their throats. Just because I may think that somewhere is a scruffy little hole with unfriendly locals does not mean that others won't love the place and it certainly isn't mine or anyone else's business to try to persudade them that they don't know what they are talking about.
Everyone get naked and have a wrestle!!!

Go on, you,know you want to!
Perhaps indeed it would be nice if people who were long term contributors to this site did not think of themselves as omniscient and who's opinions were worth more that anyone else's. Holidays and foreign countries are a matter of individual taste and perception. Everyone is entitled to see things as they personally wish to see them. There are places I love and others I would not go back to in a million years, but I would try only to guide others, not to ram my opinions down their throats. Just because I may think that somewhere is a scruffy little hole with unfriendly locals does not mean that others won't love the place and it certainly isn't mine or anyone else's business to try to persudade them that they don't know what they are talking about.

Perhaps it would be nice if people got their facts right and even nicer if they were there on the day.
Perhaps it would be nice if someone could show me where I called La Carihuela a scruffy little hole with unfriendly locals or even discussed the resort.?
Perhaps it would be even nicer to see in this topic where I have tried to persuade anyone anything about La Carihuela/Torremolinos. ?
Perhaps it would be nice if people stopped nit picking with information they read on an unofficial website and asked the locals instead.
Perhaps the opinion of someone who was actually there at the time, is now less important than someone who wasn't....or have they ever been.?

Perhaps I don't need to start a topic off about my holidays in future, then people won't be able to strutinize the post and sabotage it by nit picking an irrelevant point
Perhaps if you read the thread again you will see it was a disagreement regarding information on a website.
Perhaps you will see that I was there, she was not and IMO the rolling eyes emotion was the correct emotion to use.
Perhaps I should use this emotion in future :lol: and then I can snigger instead.
Perhaps with a bit of luck you might apologise. :wink:
Sanji
Edited because of a typo error.
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-07-07 18:20:24
what?
No naked wrestling?
Heaven's Sanji, you really ARE omniscient if you know which websites I looked at! Don't even know that myself now as I never bookmarked, noted or posted the URLs for them. But it's good advice to always be cynical about the veracity or credibility of the opinions of anybody who posts an URL to back-up their viewpoint :-)

SM

PS Too much real-life mud up here this weekend to worry about wrestling in the virtual version.

PPS Feel free to have the last word Sanji because this is mine on the topic :-)
Quite frankly I couldn't care less SMa.
I bowed out of this topic last week, until someone decided to have another go.
PPS Feel free to have the last word Sanji because this is mine on the topic

Stop stirring and may I respectfully remind you that you only like offical websites...your words, not mine.
My final word is that you decided to turn this topic sour, I only said that some locals spoilt it, you made a moutain out of a molehill and please keep your opinions to yourself when they are personal.

No doubt this will now get locked....then your mission is accomplished :lol:
wow, we log on to find out useful information and friendly advice and we are faced with childish threads like this one.

Grown adults acting like little kids, it's enough to put you off using this board. So dissapointing when threads end up like this.
couldn't agree more PinkLola, but unfortunately this does happen from time to time in here....like it does in real life....everyone has their own opinions and should agree to disagree :)
And that is the last word on this topic. Locked to prevent further discussion as all parties concerned have been given the opportunity to express their opinions.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.