Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Just Back
32 Posts
Sounds like the perfect holiday to me !!!!!
:glynis :glynis

Can not wait for ours, but will have to wait untill October ? :cry:
Glad you had a great time after your bad start 8)
Hi Sanji, glad you had a relaxing time, you needed it after the terrible start you had. Did you manage to find the smoking area at Malaga airport??? Linda x
hi sanji
glad u had a lovely rest on ur hols missedu on chat. i too am off with hubby to torremolinos in three weeks,so was keen to hear how u enjoyed your trip. know what u mean about needing a break hope the batteries are charged xx :wave
Hi Sanji, glad you had a relaxing time, you needed it after the terrible start you had. Did you manage to find the smoking area at Malaga airport??? Linda

Hi Linda.
Yes thanks, we found the smoking room, but after we had checked in our baggage in B section of the airport, ( I think it was check in desk B103) we went through some glass sliding doors outside into a quadrangle with benches and an ashtray/litter bin.
This was quite pleasant getting the last of the sun and being able to sit down and smoke while watching the check-in queue slowly go down....then we had to walk to gate C46 to board...it's a fair trek away, so we kept an eye on the queue and then made our way nearer the gate :roll:
glad u had a lovely rest on ur hols missedu on chat.

Awww, bless ya :kiss

Sanjiiiiii
woohoo smoking in malaga airport! fantastic! aww i'm so pleased because we'd been told you couldn't smoke ANYWHERE at ANYTIME in malaga!!

glad you had a nice time, we're heading back to benalmadena for the 5th year in 3 weeks!
Hi parker h

Please do not use phone style text as per the T&C's.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
hi all
so sorry about using text,have learned a lesson . will not do it again.
forgive me xx :oops:
Hello Sanji
Pleased to hear you enjoyed yourseves and had a relaxing time in Costa del Sol.
Sue
Hi Sanji.

So glad you you had a nice relaxing holiday.
Shame about the start of it. But I'm sure tomorrow some one will be having their ears bent.
:gluck with it.
That's a great report, I need to do that - just chill but it's too difficult, always feel like I'm missing something, :shock:

Am I gonna be the only one who is gonna ask you for a corking curry recipe then :wink:
Thanks Sue :wink:
Lizzie
Don't worry the letters are already in draft mode at the moment and will done and posted by tomorrow. :wink:
That's if I can get to a post box, it's never stopped raining since we got home and thank god we are on reasonably high ground because all around me is under water with local flooding and my road is like a river....I haven't even started on washing the holiday clothes yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6237468.stm .... this is just down my road....page 4.
But to get back on topic (sorry) :oops: I really did chill out and that is quite unusual for me because normally I get bored very quickly and even on holiday I have to be doing something or visiting somewhere, that's probably why I like the camcorder so much and it gives me an excuse to be busy......

I'm getting depressed though with all this rain and wish I was back in Spain.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
All the fish was donated by the local restaurants and was free, but it really was spoilt by the locals not letting the tourists sample what their "town" is famous for and some more thought and organisation is needed (in my opinion) for any future events, which apparently occur only once a year"¦El dia del pescaido.

My Spanish is still a little weak but possibly the locals were thinking the same about the tourists :-) My understanding of this fiesta from looking at some of the local websites is that it is a very popular local festival and that up to 30,000 people travel from all over Andalucia with special buses laid on to visit on this day and that it is not necessarily primarily aimed at tourists but rather is a local celebration of the bounty from the sea.

SM
It is organised by Torremolinos tourist board and its primary objective is aimed at tourists, whether they be the ones staying in Torremolinos or surrounding places and whether they be British, Spanish or whatever.
This year I believe was the 20th year.

El día del pescaito was not organised for groups of local youths to push and shove passed the tourists (some of whom I know) and help themselves to a loaf of bread and if you asked any of the local shopkeepers/restaurant owners, they all said "it is your day" meaning me "the tourist" and the event should not be confused with an actual day for the tourist (El dia del turista) which takes place on the first Thursday in September . and there is no way anything like 30,000 people were in La Carihuela on that day.

I'll tell you how manic it was"¦within 1 hour they had run out of fish and were giving away caramelos and yoghurts out of the cool displays of the chiringuitos instead.

I was there, you were not.! :roll:
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-06-26 08:27:27
I was there, you were not.! :roll:

There is no need for that attitude on the forums. If you cannot be civil then please refrain from posting.

luci HT Mod
I was there, you were not.!

and what is wrong with that statement.?
I was there and SMa was not, so why should she decide to "challenge" fact against a website.
There is no need for that attitude on the forums. If you cannot be civil then please refrain from posting

Maybe I should lucy, afterall the thread was started by me in a light hearted theme, rather than a debate about Spanish customs from someone who was not there.
Or maybe that was her agenda :twisted:
sanji
Here is some info on it with next years dates if anyone else wants to try it :D
I did not see anything in SMa's post that merited such a response.

Talking of "fact against a website", it appears from the link that Fiona posted that the day is aimed at tourists and locals. :wink:

luci :wave
And from the offical Torremolinos website :lol: http://www.visitetorremolinos.com/fiestas/index.asp?prov=M%E1laga&pob=Torremolinos
http://www.ayto-torremolinos.org/web/turismo.asp&prev=/search%3Fq%3Del%2Bdia%2Bdel%2Bpescaido%2Btorremolinos%26hl%3Den" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">Here

and translated
edit
sorry- this had to be deleted due to copyright laws
Fiona ht mod
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.