Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'm back :D
15 Posts
Please clarify what you found so awful about your holiday in Benidorm?
It was dirty, grafitti everywhere, quite smelly in areas. Witnessed one attack and two others we spoke to had been mugged, yes i know you get this everywhere but it made us feel quite unsafe. A lot of the bars we went to the staff were so unfriendly, except tommys it was great but then maybe we caught the others on a bad day.

I do think the beach was lovely and old town was very pretty. Wouldn't return obviously some people love it and some don't, just wasn't for me that's all.
Hi crazychick we were staying in flamingo benidorm from the 20th july for 2 weeks and thought the hotel was great. But i do agree with you benidorm has went down hill it does have a lot of graffiti and yes it does smell. I also heard of a few people getting mugged especially near the flamingo benidorm. To be honest this didnt bother me as i was always careful and aware of this when i went out and about.
I have been to benidorm on numerous occasions and i would go back especially to this hotel. I actually thought benidorm was very quiet for this time of year.
Can I ask, where do you normally holiday?
Yeah we were fine, as we kept our witts about us and i always do on holiday no matter where i go. I usually go to Ibiza, Salou or Cyprus. Thinking of trying Zante or Turkey next. Yes i thought flamingo benidorm was gorgeous wish i could pick it up and put it somewhere else, best all inclusive i've ever been to!
Unfortunately the problem with graffiti seems to be a Spain problem rather than a Benidorm problem. Of course there is graffiti everywhere but I think Spain is extremely bad for it.

I'm not a fan of Benidorm either, I much prefer Salou and Costa Del Sol but these areas also have parts which suffer with dirt and graffiti.

I must admit though Benidorm can feel a bit more dodgy at night than the resorts on the other Costa's, but quite often its those who let their guard down or get so drunk they can't stand, that become the victims. We all like to relax on holiday but the way of the world means you have to keep some sort of wits about you.

As you say, different strokes for different folks, clearly Benidorm is much loved by many people hence its enduring popularity, but its also not for me, I think its the height of the buildings that puts me off it most, it looks great at night when its all lit up but in the day its a different story.

As your were all inclusive I guess you spent most of your time at the hotel so I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel

Mark
Mark 757 ....I agree with your sentiments, its horses for courses really isnt it. Beni does have a lot to offer...probably too much in many peoples eyes, in some ways it can almost be an invasion of the senses! But there are some lovely people that live there, perform there and go there, but if you are someone that really likes to switch off on holiday, and have a more relaxing type of break, with perhaps a little entertainment now and then, then i dont think Beni is the best place to visit!

Best Regards - Taggy
Yes i know what people mean, i wouldn't tend to get so drunk that i put myself in a vulnerable position but i have went a bit wild on some holidays but just felt as though i couldn't do that in benidorm just didn't feel safe. I did think the waterpark is one of the best i've ever been to and it does have some lovely places just wouldn't go back ever again lol.
Crazychick, never say never.
If I had visited Benidorm in my younger days in the summer months I might have said that I wouldn`t visit again but I would have eaten my words. My first visit was at easter with my oh and 9 month old baby, we were so impressed with it that we have been going back each for the last 10 years sometimes twice a year.

Where else only a 2/3 flight away can you visit that is open all year round (apart from a city) is always bustling. :sun2

Just think one day on a cold miserable winters day your friend calls round and says do you fancy 4 days in Spain I`ve got some cheap flights and I`ve found an apartment in Benidorm for us, what do you think. Perhaps you wouldn`t say never then :sun2
I used to say I would never go to Benidorm until my husband (boyfriend as was) persuaded me to go over for New Year about 6 years ago. We stayed in the old town and I loved it! You can walk for miles around the front stopping at different bars and cafes and watch the world go by whilst enjoying the warm sunshine. And only a short flight away. :tup Since then we have missed only one New Year over there and really missed it. We have also been during the early and later parts of the year. We haven't stayed in the new town but do visit occasionally during the day. Love the various nationalities that you meet and the relaxed atmosphere.

I can't comment on what it is like during the busy summer months but I have always been pleased to visit and sad to return home! :cry
I think everything i need is in Salou i found it much nicer :) And honestly if i was offered to go to benidorm again even for free i really wouldn't lol. But maybe sometime in the future i'll try it again who knows what will happen but i'm glad lots of others enjoy it happy holidays people!!
We love Salou aswell but as a family the one thing that I did not like about Salou was the prices, compared to Benidorm they're ridiculous.

Although I love Benidorm I am glad to be going somewhere else next year because after three visits to Benidorm I fancy a change of scenary.
Went to Salou about 4 years ago. Hated it. Got fed up of the lads on the doors trying to get you into their bar. I know all resorts use them but these were particularly pushy. The whole entertainment scene seems to be run by one bloke - the one who owns the magic place on the front. Don't get me wrong he was good at it but you got the feeling that if your face didn't fit with him you didn't get any work. Nice place during the day but think Cambills would be a nicer part to stay. And yes, we did find it a lot more expensive than Benidorm.

I go to Benidorm every year in October but try to visit other places as well during the year. I absolutely love Benidorm and can't think why anyone would not feel the same. Still each to their own. The youngsters still flock in their droves for hen and stag parties so they must be getting something right.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.