Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Just back
25 Posts
Wecome home Mazza to the lovely rain, bet you haven`t missed that whilst youv`e been away.
Whats this weather like christine lol got the washing done 3 cases lol ..Just a quick one folks a forgot to mention on my last report .If you have to use A T M please watch out 2 couples that we know of got mugged at the bbvb bank just next to the tabacs nearest to the hotel dalmatas.. And the usual gypsies but not as many this year as ive saw over the years .Not trying to frighten you but just to be on your guard .. MAZZA
Wahey Tommys, you'll have seen my hubby there then!! He's the compere and "bingo caller"!!! :)

Glad you had a good time!
Hi lisa
Yes i did see him rubbish caller lol just kidding had a great time lost a fortune up there but thats what its all about in it to win it .. What happend to the guy that used to be up there doing the bingo he wasnt there in april either.. Tell hubby a will see him in 4wks again lol mazza
how do you know when your 2 hours is up in the Spa Mazza ?

and is it still hard to get a fridge ?
Hi tartan , you dont lol we just stayed in no one said anything it was fantastic ....I got fridge no problem but the other couple that wanted fridge waited 2 days . when you next at ambassador ?? Im back sept 5rh.. cheers mazza
hi maaza
i want to go to benidorm in sept /oct i usally go self catering or b/b
can you suggest anywere as long as its clean any suggestions.
its 15yrs since i was there, tony
If you can Higgy, get booked in the levante Club Apartments, excellent; in my opinion anyway. Stopped there twice running now.
Hi tony
I dont do self catering myself as i prefer a hotel .But i went into the roundtown next to the ambassador hotel to look at prices for apartments .Just to give you a idea i was priced 46 euros per day for the vina del mar apartments at the back of john joesphs .. The reason i priced that one is because the pool wasnt busy and you could get a sunbed lol . On my way home at alicante airport i got speaking to a family that stayed in the torremar apartments and loved then 2 bedrooms with washing machine etc good pool area they paid just under 800 euros for 2wks for 4 of them . Hope that helps you cheers mazza
Can recommend La Perla hotel 2*- (Near to square- 1 road back). We paid £15 per person a night bed and breakfast! It may have gone up now - but worth checking out!(Thomas cook accomodation only).

The rooms very very spacious, and spotlessley clean - we were very pleasantly surprised- the rooms were as good as some 4* hotels we had been to!

Belly
i`m out to the ambassador on friday september 11th Mazza , looking forward to it , loved the Spa last time , and entertainment was quite good as well , a few nights i stayed in with a carry-out and watched the entertainment from my balcony.

then onto the western bar or the Carousel Bar for a nightcap . :yikes
Bet ive saw you in carousel lol well im home on the 12th tartan dont go far 0n the 11th as early morning flight but will catch up with you at one point .Enjoy mazza
did you have a pool view mazza ? ...i was in room 1211 last summer , it was at the front of the hotel , near enough next to the western bar . a wee bit noisey at night if you wanted an early night , i just shoved on the aircon , that seemed to drown out the noise.
Yes tartan i did have pool view lol i was at other side looking on to ruidor room 306 watched the entertainment at night ... But im sitting here laughing because my inlaws are in that room you were in and have just arrived home withing the last 15/20 minutes pmsl ... they loved it just going to see them now kind regards mazza
mazza 2112
thanks for the info what is the ambasador like these days
which airline do you use ,
tony
Hi tony ambassador was fine i just cant fault the hotel very central to everything .Although i will say the food wasnt as good as the many times before ive stayed in the ambassador .i just search the web for flights tony seee what deals are going about at the time . travelrepublic is a good site and ive used it many times .. cheers mazza
mazza thanks for the help your a star,
tony,
Belly, I stayed in Hotel Perla in the £15 a night days. Unfortunately, since it's been refurbished, the price has gone up. Their website now shows 83 euros per night for a double room in peak season. (I paid £15 a night for a double room to myself in August about ten years ago.) Shame, because its location is perfect.
Hi Colin- We paid the £15 per nite each this may!

Just been on thomas cook website-(to check prices)- as this is who we booked with! (Was cheaper than any other operators)- and their is no availability at all- must be fully booked, or they are not doing this accomodation anymore!

But what a bargain-7 nights £105 each for bed and brekkie- and the breakfasts were lovely!

Belly

Ps When we booked we actually priced the week up booking direct with the hotel- and it was more or less double the price!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.