Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We're back
19 Posts
very good reading DW enjoyed it very much .. I know what you mean about the Taj we have been twice now ...you will someday have to go to the Golden Temple its a far nicer and you will deffo say WOW when you get there ..
wonder what happened your taxi driver not like him to let you down like that ...
Thanks IC - Our taxi driver had overslept. I've forgiven him I might just do the same thing tomorrow when I go back to work.

We were going to go to The Golden Temple this year as an add on to the Taj but were advised against it at this time of year 'cos of the fog. Advised to go around November or leave it until Feb/March. It's taken us 7 years to get to the Taj :rofl so maybe in another 7 we'll do the temple :tup
Always good to hear from someone just back.Thanks for the report.

Are the porters back in force at the airport yet?

Papa
Oh yes Papa - We landed at 04.00hrs and they were like bees 'round a honey pot :tup
Oh yes Papa - We landed at 04.00hrs and they were like bees 'round a honey pot

Could not believe it in November when we landed at 0600 not a porter in sight.Love to know why.

Papa
:wave: hi daves wife, hope you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost to go to agra and how long did it take to get there,me and the oh will be in goa for a month in feb/march and would like to go to agra
this time thanks lizzley :D
No problem lizzley -

We went with Daytripper in Candolim who arranged everything. It cost £384.00 each.
That included everything, taxi from hotel in baga to airport. 2 1/2 hour flight to Delhi, overnight stay in Delhi, taxi to train station, train to Agra which takes 2 hours, and then a guide to take us round the Taj, The Red Fort and on to Fatephur Sikri, then the train back to delhi. Stay overnight in Delhi, collected next morning and taken a sight seeing trip of Delhi before being taken back to the airport. All we had to pay for was Dinner on the first night in Delhi, drinks and tips. All monument fees were included in the above price.

You can do it cheaper if you DIY but I wanted the easy option and have someone else arrange everything for us. Whether you DIY or go with Daytripper it is well worth it.
Lizzley..... My hubby and I and some friends went to Delhi for 6 days 5 nights ...that was 3 nights in a hotel in Delhi one night in a hotel in Agra one night in a hotel in Amritsar plus a tour to the Waga Border and the Golden Temple flights from Goa to Delhi the train from Delhi to Amritsar all the transport to Agra and in Agra while we were there ..all our transport and tours in Delhi while we were there ....pick up to and from the airport and to and from the train station ..we did it DIY and it did not cost much more and £225 each that was flights and all ..if you need any more advice feel free to ask ......colleen PS FORGOT to say we had guide to take us round everywhere we went in Delhi and Agra
Nice report - would love to go to the Taj again, the price with Daytripper hasn't changed in the last 10 years and I would also reccomend going with them.
Thanks for all info regarding Taj,still not sure how were going about it but since hubby and i would like to do a train journey as well we might do it that way ,after all we have 28 days so there's no rush and it might suit our funds better. ;)
Dave'swife, Reading your trip report and all the responses make me sooo envious. Because of work commitments, we can only go for two weeks at a time, usually Nov/Dec and again Feb/March time.
I haven't even found the time to go to Hampi yet, which I have been threatening to do for the last 3/4 years!
Unless we go scheduled, flight only, which means we could go for 18/19 days within our 3 weeks leave period, I fear we won't ever make it to these wonderful places. We took a 4 night/day sightseeing trip when in Kerala a few years ago and felt that although enjoyable, it seemed to shorten our holiday. I know it didn't, but thats how it felt.
Also this next holiday in Feb, has cost us more than we have ever paid before for our Goa holiday's, because it coincides with schools half-term.
We are staying at the new Nazri Hotel in Baga on a package, so we would have wasted a lot of dosh if we go away for a few days. As it is we are going to stay in Benaulim for a couple of nights.
With days out in Panjim and Mapusa too, our 'chill out' time is already reduced.
Know how you feel Moles,Kent. We are going for the third time in March (also staying at the Nazri) and we have been meaning to visit the South both times. This year we are determined to have a mini holiday within our holiday.
Yeah, thats about as far afield as I can manage in a two week break. It only takes an hour and a half to get to Benaulim, yet it is like a different world there. Makes a nice change. I hope you enjoy it, there are lots of small hotels/guest houses, that are nice for a couple of days break in the Cavellosim area.
Lovely report, Dave's wife. Thanks for posting. You have to return to Goa - you have some unfinished business with that taxi driver!! I always think when we're waiting in the dark at some ungodly hour that the taxi driver has forgotten us - so far it hasn't happened!

Moles:
I haven't even found the time to go to Hampi yet, which I have been threatening to do for the last 3/4 years!

Hampi is a fantastic trip - completely different from the Taj but almost as enjoyable. You must find time to do it!
Glad to hear you had a good trip..........even if you did leave me behind ;) ;)
I know what you mean about the taxi to the airport. Staying in the Marinha Dourada and needing a taxi at midnight, I chose one that lived almost next to the hotel so if the worst came to the worst I could go and wake him up !
As it turned out he was there on time and gave us a good deal too !
Re the Delhi trip, we fly out on Sun for 2 weeks and on the second Monday we have done this:
Prices for taxis are estimates

Taxi to Goa airport - our regular driver (£10)
2 x return flights to Delhi from Goa (£160) - booked in UK with meals and prebooked seats both ways
2 nights in Delhi Hotel (Hotel Grand Park Inn) (number 17 out of 479 on tripadviser) (£60) - Booked in UK
Train to Agra x 2 (£10) - Booked in UK (Chair car with meal) Shatabdi express
Taxi driver for the whole day in Agra (£9 for car, £7 for Tuk Tuk) - booked in UK
Return Train to Delhi x 2 (£11) - Booked in UK (chair car with meal) Shatabdi express
Taxi back to Hotel in Calangute -our regular driver (£10)

Total - £270 for 2 people

Not included - taxi from Delhi airport to hotel and vice versa
taxi from hotel to train station (prob not required)

takes a bit of planning but looking forward to the experience!!
WOW kippaxian that sounds brill wish I was going with you the train is great fun you will love it you got your trip at a fab price it does take a bit of looking about but sure thats all part of the fun enjoy your so so lucky .....colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.