Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Re: Just back
25 Posts
Returned home from Benidorm yesterday after a wonderful 14 day holiday! :sun2

Stayed at the Terralta Apartments (still as good as ever). The weather was hot and sunny each day, apart from the last day where we had some cloud and a little rain in the afternoon.

Had some lovely meals out - Bon Sol (Italian) in the Poniente area, overlooking the beach. Staff were very friendly and helpful, service excellent and food delicious. Queens - 3 course meal for 10E. Food and service again, very good. Ate in the restaurant upstairs this year as opposed to outside. A lot cooler! Stayed to watch 'Miss Levi' do his show in the bar downstairs, very good!
Also ate at Sherry's, a few places in the new town, and had tea one evening at a bar overlooking the beach in the old town, then went onto the beach while our boys had a game of football with the Spanish lads. Had a swim in the sea at 8.30 pm - still very very warm. Think we left the beach around 10.30 pm - a lovely evening!

Made it to the Cross again (made sure I took my new camera this time!!!! :rofl ). We left about 7.45 am so managed to walk to the top before it became too hot. Still can't believe the views from up there and how beautiful and peaceful it is. Noticed there was quite a bit of building work in progress up there, looked like private villas. What stunning views they will have.

Walked into the Poniente area (the new promenade opened whilst we were there). Its lovely, they really have made a good job of it (I have taken lots of pics so will try and get them posted on for all to see!). Round, coloured tiles, alternating colour every 50-100 yards. Plus the traffic is now one way only along the front, so was a lot quieter! It also has a boardwalk underneath for those preferring not to walk along the promenade. It looks super at night, when its all lit up.

Had some very good evenings out too. Visited the new town several times, saw Chrissie Rock, and Albi Senior. Saw a good group at the Daytona Rock Bar along the Promenade (Crowded House, Pink Floyd, U2 and many more). They came recommended from a friend, and play there at 7.00 pm on a Sunday evening plus later at other bars along the front . Can't remember their name
(paloma y ??????). Two pints for 4E plus other offers on.

Was disappointed to see Bar Acudia closed down (on the steep street leading upto the church in the old town). We've drank in there over the last couple of years and the views of Levante were superb (its sort of set into the rock). Apparently it was open in March but is now closed.

Also saw, for the very first time, The Potato/Pea men on the front, obviously stood right back and didn't participate in that one after reading about them on here!!

So - in summary - another fantastic holiday in Benidorm. We love it, something for everyone and we will be returning! And as usual, a big thank you to all you folk for your recommendations.

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
Welcome back Elaine, glad to hear that it was another great holiday :tup
David :wave
Welcome home Elaine, great report.Glad you had a great time.

Bar Alcudia`s owners might be Spainish and having a holiday they do sometimes in August. I hope so as its a great view from the bar.

Can`t wait to see your pics of the new prom.

Christine
Hi Christine

Yes, the bar was owned by a Spanish person, Carolina, who has always been there the last couple of years that we've been visiting.

I don't think its just closed down for the Summer though, as there was no message on the door and also had a peep through the window and all tables, chairs, furnishings etc have been removed :(

Such a shame - a lovely bar with beautiful views too.

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.