Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just back
9 Posts
excellent post, cant wait to go now, only 5 weeks, cant wait for your report!!!
thanks CL for the JBR- even if you won't tell us which shack it is :rofl
Great report, I always enjoy reading the views and opinions of others members.

I find it saddening to read that karaoke & quiz nites are taking over, how long before the dreaded curse of bingo appears.

I am sure there is a place for this sort of thing but why inflict it on others who enjoy the tranquilty and old world charm of Goa.

As you said its a big world, we travel in a couple of weeks, if in our opinion we think that Goa is descending into a clone of the mediterranean style holiday experience, this may well be our last time. :cry (Only Probably)

Please do not try to interpret this observation as an attack on any particular group or class of holidaymakers

GM06
Ian
GM06.... hate to be the bearer of bad news, BINGO has been around in Goa for quite a few years, Toff Toffs Pub have a Bingo night on tuesdays, and have done for at least 4 years. Incidentally, Toff Toffs is run by an Indian couple. Why Not Prajot hold their bingo night on Thursdays, Tiamis have theirs on Sundays. Rabbie Burns have Bingo twice a week and Play Your Cards Right almost every night. Molly Malones have bingo and Deal or no Deal. How they all get away with it is beyond me.....gambling is supposed to be illegal!!! I don't play bingo personally but there is an obvious demand for it here in Goa otherwise you wouldn't get so many places offering this form of entertainment. I simply choose to stay away from these places on the given nights....plenty of other places to choose from so I'm sure you'll still have a good holiday.
GFF xx
Hi GFF

I must have been lucky and not seen the dreaded bingo; we usually stay around the Sinquerim and Candolim area in the evening.

Just got in from been out with a couple of friends tonight :cheers who have now decided that they are ready for the Goa experience, so my "probably" will be a definitely going to Goa in 2008/9 :tup

GM06
Ian
..............better apply for the visa's now then :rofl
I'm sure your friends will love Goa....I always say that the first time is the best!!
GFF xxx
I like to go to a bar with anything on I think its better fun ....but bingo is ...a no no ...colleen
As I said it is big enough for everyone to do what they want to do - what I am scared of it some areas becoming a pure "strip" aka Benidorm / Las Americas etc as more and more bars of these open the greater the chance.

Don't get me wrong I love my 11 0'clock beer / afternoon g&t's and love nice bars. What does offend me is an Indian singer being egged on by Brits on tour to sing "Alice" in it's full version - that isn't my idea of fun.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.