Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Just back
12 Posts
I worked out that the transfer companies in Benidorm are charging 3 times as much as over here now for a taxi transfer

Hi Geovil,

I don't think that his can be right. :think
I believe that the distance from the airport to Benidorm is 58k which is approx 36 miles. Taxis in our neck of the woods are at least £1.50 a mile
so a return trip would be £108.00 over here

http://www.prestigetoursspain.com/ as far as I am aware charge €100 return from Alicante airport to Benidorm which at the current exchange rate of 106 to the £ would be £94.33 (not forgetting that they also have to pay the tolls out of this.) Hence lowering their profit.

So how do you work out that taxi transfers are 3 times as much over in Spain as they are in Britain?

Sue :)
That's correct Sue, we got back Sunday, and our transfers were 100€ with Prestige Tours. Excellent service too, this is the second time we have used them, and it won't be the last!
weather was quite good during the day until Saturday night when we had torrential rain

Hi Geovil
Glad you had a nice time, the weather was quite good,? blinkin eck apart from Saturday 21st March when it was cloudy and a bit on the coolish side, the rest of the time it was fan dabby dosey for March, during the whole fortnight the first drop of rain was on Saturday night and we left a cold and rainy Alicante Airport on Sunday morning.(29th)
I've come back with a great tan just by walking about in it and occasionally sitting sunbathing for a couple of hours......just what the doctor ordered.

Sanji
Regarding the weather Geovil, I was there from 15th-29th March, and the weather, as Sanji says was superb! 1 cloudy day in the 2 weeks. I too have got a nice tan and also left a rainy Benidorm on Sunday morning. I know it rained on Saturday night, but unless it was in the early hours of the morning and I was asleep no way was it "torrential" . What time was this?
sanji wrote:
I've come back with a great tan just by walking about in it and occasionally sitting sunbathing for a couple of hours......just what the doctor ordered.

The Doctor didn't order mine, I ordered it from Him up there...... :rofl
The Rain started on Saturday night late on about midnight and rained during the night Sunday it rained almost all day then went off for a while it started again about 10/11pm and was still raining when we went to bed about 2pm,Monday started off sunny till about 2.30pm then the rain started again and was still raining when our flight took off at 9.30pm,as for taxi's we can get an airport transfer which is a taxi from liverpool pickup in Runcorn and then onto Manchester airport for 4 people for £75 return which is about 40+miles we were quoted £75 ew.and running a taxi costs a lot more in England than in Spain.
Geovil
Just back a few hours ago and I have to say the weather could have been a lot better. When we arrived early Saturday afternoon it was cloudy and breezy but the sun did come out for a couple of hours late afternoon. During our 7 day stay we had about 3 days where it was warm enough to sunbathe for a couple of hours (with a cool breeze at times). We had a thunderstorm and torrential rain one day and were caught in the Old Town - we bought a couple of long pink plastic macs and proceeded to wade through the puddles of water, we must have looked a right sight :rofl Last night, we were again caught in torrential rain and the wind howled all through the night. When we left this morning it was cloudy and chilly and Helen t's just had a texy from Northantsj to say that it's raining there now and they're fed up of the weather.

We were very pleasantly surprised with the prices of food and drink - much cheaper than we were expecting. If anyone's got any questions, just ask.
Nice report Shirley, thank you - and welcome back !

Kath x
We arrived back with Shirley h, & must agree about the weather- it was poor. Even on the one really warm day we had there was still a coldish breeze. Having never been to Benidorm before we had done a lot of research on HT, and as usual it was spot on. We had a great week, but hubby & I agree it's not really for us. It really was like Blackpool abroad - a bit loud & brash for our liking. Saying that - it was very cheap, plenty of places had a pint for 1 Euro, and about 4 measures of brandy, topped up with lemonade cost around 2.50. We were also spoilt for choice for entertainment. We met up with Northants Jean, Carroll & Danny h, and spent a lovely hour with them at the Flamingo Oasis. If we return we would definitely choose to stay over in the Old Town. This time we stayed in the Levante area, and to be honest we could just as easily have been anywhere. There was no Spanish atmosphere there at all.
Thanks for your report too Helen :tup
Thanks Kath,
It's good to be back and catching up here :)
Just back on tuesday had a fantastic time i thought the weather was ok .. We stayed at the rosamar hotel i was very worried on reading a few reports about going to it but all was fine

On arrival from check in to check out first class ..
Food in this hotel was fine lots to choose from carvey every night beef,pork,gammon, chinese night.
Then there was kids corner with pizza ,pasta,nuggets etc .. so all in all it was fine .
Then there was the usual stuuf from the hot plates stew, pasta dishes ,fish , then all the salad stuff so not bad .

Cleaners in every day , clean towels every day usual just put dirty towels in bath .Rooms cleaned no worries there ... even had your usual stuff in toilets we soap bars , bath gel , shower cap etc . But to be honest i think because im always at the ambassador hotel you do compare things and i spent most of my time at the ambassador as it gets lots a sun there .

But im glad i went as we had a great time cant complain hubby still getting his pints for a euro and 2buds for 3 euros had a few late nights in the carousel bar till 5am all in all roll on july till i get back .. mazza
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.