Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Regarding the Virgin flight, you should get a better response if you post in the Virgin flights topic in the Flights forum.

luci :wave
I am on Equinox doing the T/A in April. also in a 2B balcony on Sunrise deck. I booked this just after I came off the Solstice last October. I loved the Ship and the rooms are the best I have found in any ship other than being in a Suite or Mini Suite.
Bathrooms great with a shower enclosed cubicle rather than a curtain. Rooms are a good size with 32" flat screen TV Large very comfortable bed. Contrary to the Solstice the Safe in now in the storage/dressing table area rather than in the Wardrobe. This had been critised as it meant that half of one of the Robes had only short hanging.
There is ample storage with added storage cupboards above the bed.
The Ship although large never felt overcrowded. The sunbeds are too close together without enough space to get in and out of the space. I often go up on a higher deck as I like it to be quiet so it didn't affect me.
I am flying out to Miami with BA. Flights are back from Rome.
If you want to do the select dining you must pre pay the tips. I did in any case as I found out last time it paid dividents. I had tremendous service from my room Steward the best ever.
I didn't eat in any of the speciality dining rooms. The food in the MDR was in my opinion excellent and a great improvement on my last cruise on Millennium down under. There I think there were cut backs as they had to discount it heavily to sell the rooms.
The Ocean Cafe has a new lay out with different stations for different types of food. Carvery, Salads, Curry/Indian, Pizza etc etc.
I would suggest that you read some of the reviews on Cruise Critic to get a better overview of things.
I am an Elite member of CC and they have just rolled out a lot of very good perks for members. This was long overdue and they had to do something to bring it more in line with other Companies.
I am so looking forward to being back on board. Any other questions fire away.
Have flown with Virgin and whether it is worth paying extra depends on how much is involved. I have flown World Traveller Plus with BA and really the difference is a small quiet cabin with attentive service but really it is the extra space. Leg room and width of seat. Really the old Business class with BA.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.