Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Lady.

Yes, £110 cheaper for the two of us than I paid for the same flights for this year :tup

Now need to think about a destination not too far from Dalaman but ideally somewhere we haven't been before. That would exclude Akyaka, Dalyan, Icmeler and Marmaris. Those resorts are listed in our descending order of preference to give an idea of what we like - not too keen on karaoke and dancing waiters!
Hi Random,
Snap again!! We are thinking of Akyaka only been there on a day trip from Turunc or Dalyan again only been on a day trip. We usually go to Olu Deniz but it is getting a bit too loud for us, another favourite is Adrasan but really need to fly to Antalya for there, maybe Kalkan or will we be brave enough to do a two centre! Well the planning is part of the fun!

Hope you find what your looking for, at least we have the flights now!

Lady.
Looks like all of Easy Jet flights are out except Gatwick, I have been checking for days. Nearly booked the Stansted ones, but Gatwick fly nearly every day so gives me better options. Back off to Dalyan first time there this year and loved it.
I booked 2 lots of return flights for next year with Easyjet, at 90 pounds return including luggage I just couldn't resist it.
  • Edited by JMK 2010-10-09 19:04:27
Just checked and the price of our flights has already increased by £66 in less than 24 hours - for once it looks as though I got in early enough for a bargain.
There is such a large choice in this region of hotels and apartments and villas just do your research and ask plenty of questions :sun2
i got the same but with speedy boarding as well :sun2
Hi Ned - which of the posters are you asking about dates?

Cheers.
hi random
any post will do just after a cheap deal for 2011 about sept all the ones i have looked at are 150 pnd each
i only paid 500 pnd for 4 adults in sept this year that was every thing plus it was 2 weeks s/c

any cheap flight will do just me and the wife next year
thanks ned
Ned,

Mine are for similar dates to what you are looking at, however they've already gone up in price by over £140 since Friday. If you haven't done so yet I suggest you use the option of looking at more dates on the Easyjet site to see if you can spot some cheap flights that are still available. For some reason September does seem to get expensive quickly!

Package deals can be fine as long as you get what you want at a price you are willing to pay. There are occasionally some real bargains to be had, but these often seem to require you to be in the right place at the right time and my job generally ties me down on dates and doesn't allow me the flexibility to snap up a cheap holiday. Once I nearly booked a very cheap allocation on arrival deal to Marmaris that we didn't actually want, on the assumption that once we were there we could travel to another resort. In the end it seemed more hassle than it was worth, especially as it was night flights and chances are the transfer would have been the usual lengthy trawl around hotels. At least the Easyjet flight times from Bristol are good!

Cheers.
Hi, My flights are with easyjet for the first two weeks of September from Bristol to Dalaman, £200 for two adults with luggage and speedy boarding. Over the years I have done package and flight only just have to be looking in the right place at the right time to find the cheapest way! I find just after Christmas is usually a good time to find a bargain as lots of places have sales to start people buying again!
Hi Lady.

Yes you're right, however there is (in my experience) a problem with travel agent "sales" as to whether the prices really do go down. I've seen sales and guaranteed discounts offered many times, only to find that the cost of a holiday I've had my eye on has either stayed the same or even gone up!

Unlike buying an item from a shop, travel agents do get to use a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to what they actually charge for a package and what they describe as a discount...

Cheers.
We've also got our flights all booked for next year, actually booked Stansted which for us is great, haven't been able to get decent prices and times from there for years!
i got 98 return with sb and luggage for may 11 :sun2
we booked our flights with easyjet back in october too! good job really!! paid £800 for 3 of us going 1 august from bristol - these flights are now £1,450!!!!

booked accomodation last night so all sorted :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.