Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
another Bulgaria convert! :D
i am definitely a convert, couldn't get over how good it was, didn't expect anything like it. if anyone has any questions just give me a shout and i'll do my best to answer them for you :D
hi emsi24 good to hear you had a great holiday.going next week for 2 weeks self catering, any idea how much spending money for family of 4.
have 2 teenage daughters who plan to do lots of shopping for clothes etc,any info on prices of every thing in sunny beach would be great
hi alison, i read on this site that you can't spend your money, well we managed to. don't get me wrong, it is cheaper than spain and places like that, but it soon adds up if you are buying loads of stuff. we took £600 between two of us for one week, but we did drink every night and my other halfs drinks weren't that cheap, they were 7lv which is roughly £3 for a bottle of cider. i was drinking cocktails they were also 7lv but were buy one get one free in most places. soft drinks are 2.50lvs in bars 1.60lv in the supermarkets. food was cheap, between 6 of us we got 3 cheese burger and chips, pizza, chicken and chips, soup, 3 portions of chips, 3 bottle of coke, 3 bottles of water and 2 beers for 50lv, which is about £23!!!!!!
the stalls all sell fake designer goods, while some of them are good, some of them are really bad and they charge the same price as the good ones. didn't buy much clothes from there, we went to bourgas on a bus it cost 3lv each way.....bargin as the taxi men wanted 50lv!!!! there there are named shops which can be same price as over here, but there are smaller boutiques which have great bargins i got loads of tops for around 10lv each and the quality is great. if you do go to bourgas, watch out for the beggers, we saw three child beggers when we were there, just say no and walk away, they leave you alone then. its well worth a visit though. i hope this helps and have a great holiday :D
Hi Alison, Glad to hear you had a lovely time and it looks like another satisfied customer. We too love the place and can't wait to return in Sept.
As for your spends, we normally take £1000 for two of us for a 14 day break. We eat out all the time, party every night buy clothes etc and yet we always seem to come back with £200-£300 .
You will find various threads on the subject on the forum.

8) The Toonman
everyone i know that has been to bulgaria said that we were taking too much, but somehow we managed to spend everything, but we did buy loads, so we can't complain. we drank every night, paid for sun loungers and parasols on the beach, had massages....which are fantastic by the way, we really spoilt our selves, it was fantastic!!!
Thanks for all your help. We are going for 1 week HB (5 of us) I guess only the youngest counts as a child. Don't plan on doing too much in the way of trips just want to relax.

Any idea how much roughly we will need?
hi carrie, i would hazzard a guess that £600 would be plenty for 5 half board. we spent that for one week (although more like £500 as we spent quite a bit at the airport before we even left manchester!!! we ate out a couple of nights and had snacks during the day (as we missed breakfast a few times) drank every night, bought presents for our families and stuff for ourselves, so if your not planning on going mad then £600 should be plenty and you should come home with some too!!!!
hi emsi24 do you have any pics of the hotel?i've seen the reception and the pool but wondered about the rooms we are going there in sept and i've heard there are 2 types of room the standard and a superior room. do you know if they do a late checkout aswell.our flight is in the early hours.
glad to hear you had a great holiday. thanks for any help you can give me.
kiershay
ps i mean't to ask are the 2 different types of room in the same building or different ones?
hi kiershay, i'm not too sure if there are two types of rooms, we were never told if there were two types of rooms when we booked it. the rooms we were in were lovely, very modern with a telly. the bathrooms were new, just watch the drainage, its not the best in the shower!!!!!
i'm almost certain that they do do late check out, i think its until about 6ish, just ask at reception when you get there, they speak good english and are more than happy to help with anything.
i'm sure that you'll love the meridien, staff are great, facilities are great, i thought it was definitely the best hotel around that area.
hope you have a great time
emma
thanks for that emsi24. i'm sure we'll have a great time .
kiershay
hi eimsi24. We are going to sb on the 17th of july,and was just wondering can you buy cigs in sunny beach like benson and hedges and that or would we be better off to buy them at the airport
Hi berkeogh,

You will see 'Western' brands like B&H for sale in Sunny Beach, at apparently good prices, but it's almost certain that they will be fake - if you want the real thing, buy them at the airport.

Baldur
hi berkeogh, baldur is right, the cigs you can get in bulgaria are more than likely fakes, and we were told this by the guy who was selling them, apparently they are good copies so if that doesn't bother you then they are cheap, can't remember the prices though sorry. if you want the real thing though you can get them on the plane, on our flight they were £21 for 200
The cigs on sale in the resorts are definitely fake and are NOT good copies.
A far better buy are the local cigs called Victory which come in several different strengths and cost about £1 a packet.

Patka
who did you fly with Emsi24?
hi alison, we flew with My Travel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.