Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Lessie

I am also having difficulty with Just Perfect Holidays Ltd. On Monday 11 Jan 2010 I booked an apartment in Tenerife agreeing a total price but when I checked my bank account on Thursday I was astonished to see that he had debited by account more than we had agreed. I did manage to contact him that day and he said he would deal with it. Since then I have not heard from him. I am led to believe his name is John P*****! I would suggest that you contact the accommadation in Lanzarote and ask whether he as actually made the booking. This is what I have just done myself regards my booking.

Rosalie
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2010-01-16 16:41:42
    Edit to remove personal name
Thanks Rosalie, Lessie is a friend of mine and I've told her to do the same as you suggested ie contact the hotel, then chase things up from there.

Will let Lessie know you've posted :tup
hi rosalie,
sorry you are having similar problems I was begining to think I was the only person to have booked with this company.I also have been billed for a higher price on my final invoice than I was quoted but luckily I have only paid £100 deposit.
I have contacted the apartment company to see if there is a booking in my name and I am waiting for a reply.
I have searched the internet for more info about this person and his holiday company but can only come up with his current company and one called John p******s holiday accomodation working from the same address but when I try to click on the site it comes up with "unable to connect".he also advertises on owners direct,holiday lettings & holiday rentals but I now cant find any of his listings except for one listing in portugal on holiday lets.
I am going to cut my losses and book an alternative hotel with travel republic who I have used many times and they give a 1st class service.
I paid my deposit with my barclaycard so I will try to claim the deposit back through them.
I will keep you posted if I come up with any further info and good luck with your booking.
lessie
Try searching more contact details via http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk using the 'Search Company Information' as this is a Limited Company.

It says -
JUST PERFECT HOLIDAYS LIMITED
Company No. 06295381

which is a concern
hi alice,
thank you for the info.I have looked at it and I think I have had a lucky escape because I only paid my deposit and I think I can claim that back via barclaycard.
I am now going to book another hotel via travel republic a tried and trustred company.
It makes me wonder how buisnesses can take clients money knowing full well the company is in trouble and they are probably unable to fulfill their contract.I have learnt my lesson and will not use small companies in the future.
good luck to anyone who is having trouble with this company and lets hope we have more posts to back up our claims.:gluck
Hi Lessie

I did get a reply from the hotel in Tenerife and J*** P****** of Just Perfect Holidays has made a reservation for me. I have also now received an e-mail from JP to say that he will refund the extra he charged - but I am not holding my breath. I have certainly learnt a lesson and in future I will be using my old faithfuls - Alpha Rooms and Travel Republic. This chap, I feel, is not not to be trusted.
Rosalie
  • Edited by Kath 2010-02-10 13:08:55
    To edit personal name
hi rosalie,
did you get your extra payment refunded.
I have decided to cut my losses and have booked an apartment with owners direct.
I hope all goes well and have a great holiday. :tup
Hi

Got an e-mail yesterday (Friday) and have been promised the refund within the next 24 hours. I am not giving up on **** P. I think this is how he works in hoping that people will just give up. Once I have received my refund I will be telling him a few home truths.
I am off to Tenerife on Monday.
Rosalie
just perfect holidays used to be called jp holidays. he went bust in september 2007. my family member was taken for £1500 pounds. **** was clever he rang a few week before he went bust and asked for the final balace which wasnt due for another month, but trusting him its was sent by cheque. a week later we received the bad news by the administrator he was in administration.
just perfect holidays was incorperated at companies house 2 months before he went bust as jp holidays, he knew what he was doing. just perfect holidays has now being dissolved at companies house as of 2nd of february 2010, i believe he cannot trade as a ltd company, but be aware i wonder what name he will be next, it will have to match his web site.
i am a strong believer what goes around comes around
always protect yourself with any holiday company big or small pay on your credit card its worth the 2.5 percent cc charge.
....and ATOL/ABTA or similar protection. Buyer beware especially if DIYing!
Hi - all who are interested

I think I had a lucky escape. I got back the money he overcharged me and in the end the cost was about £20 more than Alpha Rooms were charging. I have certainly learned another lesson when dealing over the net. But myself and husband, back from Tenerife yesterday, had a great break.

Rosalie
Just Perfect Holidays telephone No is 01472-389999, J**** answering machine now has a message saying A16 taxi Services. Has he lowered his standards or is he trying to find another market he can con the general public??????????
hi all....its hard to tell the good sites from the bad when looking for a holiday on the internet....and even us here on HT sometimes dont know how good or bad a company is....untill we have someone raise a topic...like this one.....tweetie
That must be a busy phone line. A quick search of the web shows it as also being used by the following:

JP Holiday Agency

a company called "Training for Travel Associates" who are quote "a long established travel industry training company run by very qualified staff who themselves have many years working in the travel industry" and run ABTA endorsed (!!) courses for the travel trade.

the man himself renting a bungalow at Camp de Golf, Gran Canaria, an appartment at Puerto de Santiago in the Canary Islands and one at Salgados near Albufeira in Portugal,- all in holiday-rentals.co.uk (where he thoughtfully left a mobile number of 07949 595058 in case any of you still need to speak to him!)

he also likes to play golf with a nickname of Pedro.

What appear to be his wife, son and daughter are also registered as directors at the LN11 7HU address so getting him banned may not be enough.
..and even us here on HT sometimes dont know how good or bad a company is

tweetie your so right. there are many who have mixed recommendations from members, there are those who join sites like ours to try and assist with problems, and there are those who would like to use us as a free platform, the latter are in the main weeded out by various checks which are made on all new membership applications [but we cant get them all], thankfully most of the trade members respect our aims and abide by the rules to help members a big :tup to them..

so if you don't know a company just ask it may take a day or so for the information to filter through but, in most cases some member will know someone somewhere who can give an answer

unfortunately with all the redundancies over the last few years many have set themselves up as travel advisors, some of these will be excellent ex TO or TA staff and the rest players after a quick buck, you would not purchase a house without a survey or buy a new car from a tramp on the corner, so why take the chance when making your holiday arrangements in many cases just to save a couple of quid,
as with all things in this life you get what you pay for...

wizard
hi,I am just back from my holiday in lanzarote (see my previous posts.)
on the morning of feb 8th the day before we were going on holiday I received a phone call from jp himself sounding very professional asking as the holiday was booked for the next day its my last chance to pay the remainder of my balance or I will loose the deposit I paid and the holiday and as I entered into a binding contract with him I may also be sued for breach of contract.well as you can imagine I couldnt believe my ears at the audacity of this man.I gave him a peice of my mind and told him I knew of his buisness activities he remained cool and calm and admitted nothing but kept repeating that I had entered into a legal binding contract with him and the results if I dont pay.
I did not pay anymore money but perhaps a less confident person may have been worried by his manner and paid the balance.
I have been booking diy holidays for 7 years several times a year and consider myself quite experienced in this type of holiday but it just goes to show however experienced you are there is alway someone ready to try and take your your hard earned cash.it makes me wonder how these so called buisnesses are allowed to keep trading.
I hope my experience stops other people making the same mistake and I will certainly be more aware in the future. :wave:
I booked an apartment in Portugal through this man last year when we arrived at th :que e apartments in February we found that he had not sent the money for our accomodation resulting in us having to pay again. So it turned out an expensive holiday. I am now inthe process of trying to recoup our losses which believe me is proving to be no mean feat. Any ideas????
You've left this late so need to get a move on. If you paid by any credit card or a Visa branded debit card register a claim with them - they have time limits which is why you need to move, even if you are still pursuing other courses. You could start county court action but whilst that itself is quite simple he sounds like the sort of person who would ignore a ruling.

If you found the appartment via one of the property directory websites make sure you tell their administrator about what happened. They might just ban him.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.