Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi, you could have a look at the Mirador del Atlantico in Amadores, it is a great set-up which does cater for kids during the day and night time. It also has very good rooms and all on the big size. Dont be put off with the lifts they are only 4 floors and access is excellent, they also have a few apartments on ground floor level but we found no one with kids had any problems. It is situated 6/7 mins walk from the beech, which looking at other resorts and the positions of apartments this is the best. Not much on in the resort, so it's quiet and trouble free.
If you want some nightlife, taxis are a plenty that take you up the hill (3 mins) - it's a bugger of a walk !! and are only 2.5€ to the Europa Center which has everything and caters very well for familys.
Take a look at http://www.directholidays.co.uk I have checked for us next year and yes the prices have gone up, but for what you get it is worth it (had a look at others that we fancied when we got there and glad we didn't book 'em.)
Anymore questions please fire away.
Spike
Have you thought of renting a week at the Anfi Del Mar complex. This is a 5 star resort.
Weeks can be picked up for reasonable costs and there are ground floor apartmants and the Beach Club section is adjacent to the beach.
Have a look at the Anfi UK Members' Group website at http://www.anfiuk.co.uk. Click Enter then Rentals/Resales.

You can e-mail their chairman at enquiries@anfiuk.co.uk who will be able to advise on the best apartments on site.

The complex has a very active kids programme of events, Its own shopping complex, beach, several pools, restaurants and bars and many activities for adults
I know exactly the place for you.The Terraza Mar Sunsuites in Puerto Rico has everything you are looking for.It has a great kids club,is only a 10/15 minute walk to the beach and is only 5 minutes away from the main commercial centre.The apartments themselves are really good and they have the biggest balcony I have ever seen.Read the reviews.There is entertainment on most nights which starts with a kids disco and games.You can book these apartments through Airtours or Direct Holidays.Let me know how you get on.
Ypui can read the reviews for this accommodation HERE

Kath HT Admin
I have tried to post a review for Anfi but cannot find anywhere for the link. Is this an automatic process ?
Is it a timeshare complex Fenman ?

Kath x
Hi Kath,

Yes, It is timeshare. But many owners are willing to rent weeks for private use and the beach area at Anfi is public so I feel a review of that area should be included
Ok I need to discuss with the admin team.

Will come back to you.

Kath x
Kath,

Any joy with your admin team !!!!
My thoughts are that if it's timeshare then owners may post their own reviews of their property.........also won't each apartment be totally different?
There are four different apartment blocks at Anfi which are different but the complex does have its own beach area and commercial centre.
I was thinking of an overall view of the urbanisation as it does also cater for locals and anyone can come down and use the beach, shopping centre and restaurants
  • Edited by Fenman 2007-07-24 21:32:02
Tracie - I agree with Fenman about the Anfi (I'm also an owner). Your mum would love it if she just wants to chill or take a stroll and there are plenty of pools for the kids and a very good kids club. Also a beautiful crazy golf course. The beach does get crowded with spanish at the weekends. The glass bottom boat provides a regulay service to Arguinnegan, Puerto Roco and Mogan or a taxi to PR will only cost about 3 5 euros.
Helen
Thats three and a half euros not thirty five!
Lago Taurito in the "Taurito Valley" ..

We went there 40 persons !!

And 20 of them were kids ..

they had a great time, we all did !

Good place for families ..

Merry Christmas to all of you !
Hi Helen, just a quick line. i am a very new menber,justgot back off hols and signed whilst there. Getting the "did I do right" feeling, you seem to have been there and know what is what. I have heard the cost of food beverages etc inside the complex are very high, is this right? we fell in love with the place but very worried if we have done right. Look forward to your reply. Chris
Chris,

Have a look at the Anfi UK Members' Group website at http://www.anfiuk.co.uk and contact their chairman on the link you will find.

You should be able to get all the information you need about Anfi
Hi Fenman, just been trying to find the link you mention and don't seem to be able to locate it, i must be missing something real simple here!
Try e-mail to enquiries@anfiuk.co.uk
Thanx I have tried to mail through, can you tell me are members able to use the facilities across the complex, ie as I am a beach club member can I use the pools in all the complex or am i restricted to beach club?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.