ok well we just returned from our first trip to Egypt... 2 weeks Naama Bay at the Tropitel Naama Bay (review of hotel will follow soon).

We found Naama Bay interesting LOL...... the sea is beautiful, snorkeling is fantastic (at the beach or on a boat trip) and the weather is gorgeous. There didnt seem much to do in the resort except for the excursions. We went all incluisve and there didnt seem much point to going out drinking on the night when you pay overly priced sums of money for stuff you get free in the hotel. So unless you like the sisha... there didnt seem much to do on the night... and in the day there was less to do (except sea, pool or excursions)....

The excursions we did included:
- Ras Mohamed: this was a fantastic boat trip to three different snorkeling venues. The boat crew were fantastic with everyone especially the children. Food was average although i didnt really attempt to eat it (for reasons explained later LOL).
- Camel ride and Star Gazing: again a great experience, and the Beduin (spelling??) were cool. Although we only got to ride the camels for 30 odd minutes. The sunset on the mountain was fab and the star grazing was good.
- Aquapark: we chose to go to Aquapark and not Cleopark on a last minute thing, the park was one of the best i have been too although there are a lack of rubber rings....and health and safety on some rides was a bit questionable.
- Quad biking in desert: this was the most disappointing trip so beaware of what you pay for. We booked with the rep we had previously booked Ras Mohamed and the Camel Ride... we were picked up at 5.45pm, we drove for about 30 mins max, then had to sit and watch dancing in the middle of noweher, with no explanation on what was going on, then food (which was nice) and then we had 30 mins (max) back on the quads through the pitch black desert..... Then to top it all off the rep decided he would have himself dropped off before me and my misses were dropped off... leaving two of us in a really dogdy small minibus with a taxi drive... lucky we got home ok. Our friends we met over there went on a quad trip during the day were they drove for around 2 hours and managed to clock up 80km/hr speeds... I clocked 34km/hr as we had to keep real close to one another.

So some of the good points: weather, sea, snorkeling and excursions.

Food within the hotel was rubbish.. outside we ate at the camel bar, hard rock cafe and lil buddha... food here was good.

Ok some bad points:

Tropitel Naama Bay hotel is not a 5 star its a 3 star.... Food was repetitive from day one and everyone we spoke with there had had belly trouble. Our entire trip involved bad stomachs... both my misses and I lost weight over there (on an all inclusive holiday lol).

The Egyptian people (men) are some of the most annoying people i have met... constantly nagging you to come into their shop and take their cards... With a blonde girlfriend we were actually made to feel real uncomfortable in some areas.... firstly do not follow men to their shops... we were taken to a shop upstairs and away from the main strip and inside there were two other males lying down... the shop keeper then left after asking if we would write in hius book and accept the free drink??? very uncomfortable setting. On our first night i had politely told a young kid that i did not want to enter his shop he then shouted 'why do you hate me i havent done anything to you'... again first impressions not great.

Make sure you get the right change from your purchases....we went to panorama cafe and ordered a beer and sex on the beach... when it came the cocktail was nothing like the real one and was literally unpalatable... we sent it back under the impression it would be changed to a soft drink free of charge.... well when it came to the bill we were charged 17 egyptian pounds for the beer, 70 for the cocktail and then another 10ish for the soft drink... then they put the 12% service charge and then short changed me by 3 pounds....... even though the 3 egyptian pounds wasnt exactly a lot of money to us when i asked them for it the only reason why they did it was because they didnt have the correct change in the till and didnt want to put their fingers in their own pockets to give the right change.... we got it in the end.

Finally therefore would we go back??? Not to Namma Bay nor to the hotel.... would we go back to Egypt??? Only to see the pyramids... if we had done the excursion this time around (which we wish we had)..... then we wouldnt go back.... but we have experienced it.