Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kalamaki
18 Posts
Why not give the tour company a miss and book it yourself?
Have a look on the http://www.justzante.co.uk/
for Kalamaki Hotels, several have their own web site and allow online booking. Make sure you can get a flight on the required dates before booking though and that the fare is reasonable.
I have stayed at Venus Hotel a couple of times but several years ago so don't know what it's like now.
We have stayed at the the Venus for the last two years, and are going back again in September. it just gets better...It is very easy to book and you can save about 200.00 per couple if you do it yourself..plus you get extras like free safe fridge and air con. Also is very close to airport so taxis are cheap. :
Hi,
I'm travelling to Kalamaki at the end of May.

Is there an ATM in Kalamaki itself, or do you need to go to Laganas?

Any recommendations for car hire?

Anyone been to Denny Apartments....can't see a review on this site although I have read the ones on holidaysuncovered.

Look forward to hearing from you all!
Hi, There is a cash point up on the main road in Kalamaki. It is between the Hotel Vanessa and the Mermaids restaurant as you head toward the taxi rank at the crossroads.
Have a look here http://www.hotelmetaxa.com/kalamakimap.htm for a map to print out. It shows a lot of the hotels, bars etc. for Kalamaki.
We are off to Kalamaki at the end of May for the first time, and having done a couple of searches by entering "kalamaki" it turns up a lot of good info. about the resort.
Found some stuff for a place called Denny's Inn Hotel. Not sure if that is the same place you are staying.
Happy hols.

Andy.
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the website you recommend.

Enjoy your hols!
Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me what Kalamaki is like as a holiday resort? I know the beach is lovely as we went there a few years ago whilst staying in Argassi but not sure wht the resort is like at night. We are three couples in our early 40's who like a bit of a laugh. I enjoyed Argassi but know that Laganas will be too hectic for us in August. How does Kalamaki compare with Argassi? I presume that it's not as big or busy but will there be quite a few places to eat and have a few drinks at the bars? Any info gratefully accepted.
Hi, I stayed in Kalamaki over a year ago. I cannot compare it with Argassi as I only visited Argassi during the day. Basically Kalamaki is just a main street at night with a few off roads. There are plenty of really good bars and restaurants and the Down Under bar is great fun at night. There is a Zante site with lots of info on the entertainment side. If I can help you with anything, let me know.

Julie
Hi Shirley,

I'm sure you will find enough restaurants and bars to keep you entertained.
Check out:- http://www.justzante.co.uk/
Thanks for your link Spiros. Just visited this most informative site. Kalamaki sounds like a good possibility for next year. So far narrowed my choices down to Kalamaki (Zante), San Steffanos (Corfu) and Lindos.
Hi everyone :)
Just wondered if anyone could tell me how cheap/expensive it is to eat out in Kalamki. My son is going in July for 1st time for two weeks and would like to know what food is like and how much money he will neeed. Thanx everone. Dizz :)
There are lots of places to suit all budgets. I went to the restaurants on the Top Ten at justzante.co.uk and they were all a bit expensive but worth every penny.
We (husband & I) have been to Kalamaki for the last two years. I expect your son will be staying in Laganas.

We walked up the beach to Laganas from Kalamaki and while we were having lunch at a bar on the beach all the "kids" were coming in for breakfast!!! A full English breakfast including orange juice and coffee was about £3 last year.

Burger amd chips are available everywhere and you can have a superb three course dinner in a wonder ful setting for £10/15 depending on menu choice.
Hi Mandy :)
Thanks for the tip. My son is looking forward to his holiday and now knows how much to budget for it. It looks and sounds a beautiful resort. May try it myself sometime........................www.motormate.com
Dizz :) :fly
I last went to Kalamaki, Zakynthos, 9 years ago, what am I to expect this year. Has it grown much over the years? I've recently read that the beach is really dirty now, is it true, that's the main reason we are going back, as it was so clean and safe last time. Went quite a bit to Stanis to eat and drink, is it still there???????????
I'm only just back from Skiathos but need to occupy myself with holiday ideas for next year! And I need some help..

A few years back I went to Laganas with my boyfriend and my brother and his girlfriend, so the bars etc were ideal. We visited kalamaki beach but not the town itself. For next year I'm considering Kalamaki and I was wondering if anyone can recommend any apartments (and tour operator)which meet some of the following criteria - in rough order of priority (to help me make a shortlist):

Near Beach
Few children!
Pool
Not too many rooms
Walking distance to tavernas
And of course at a reasonable price...

And ideas much appreciated,
Cejay
Jazza,

We went back to Zante for the first time in 14 years last September and we couldn't believe how much it had grown :cry:

Although saying that we still loved it and are now in the process of looking for a villa to buy out there :P

I did find the beach dirtier than the first time.....the problem is more people using it = more mess and rubbish. The problem is that beach is supposed to be prtoected because of the turtles & the Greek goverment are always telling the tourists to "be aware" of the fact. BUT the beach is stacked high with rubbish at the back of the sand dunes....which get's interesting when the wind get's up and the bulk of it blows all over the place including into the sea. I didn't see one bin near or on the beach that wasn't overflowing with rubbish :x

They need to get there act together and sort the problem before they completely ruin a lovely beach all together.
Thanks Sapphire

Just got back off hols, so glad I went back to Kalamaki, although it has grown in size over the years, it hasn't been ruined.

Went to the beach several times and glad to say that there was hardly any rubbish around. The beach seemed very clean in fact!!!

Sadly we didn't see any turtles this time, although we did venture out on a pedalo a couple of times. Maybe it was too hot for them :lol:
We stayed at the Caretta Beach Hotel through Kosmar and I would like to recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying in Kalamaki. They were very clean and spacious, with 2 pools to choose from.

Unfortunately all good things come to an end and I am now back home and working hard for my next hol :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.