Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi there,

Have not been to Side although know people who have and love it. I have been to Kalkan and thought it was beautiful. quite steep down to the harbour so not so good if waslking is a probem..

Very laid back, more "Turkish" feel. Easy access to Kas along the coastal road. Olu, Fethye not too far away.

I would love to go back there but worried now as my knees will let me down.
Barb
There is a discussion on Kalkan and the last post on there was June 23rd. You will see my recommendation for Hotel Nur which is through Thomson. You will also see that we are returning to this Hotel on Sept 20th.

Les
Side is a beautiful old town with Roman ruins.It is a "flat" resort with lovely sandy beaches.There is a lovely small hotel right in the old town beside the sea called the Beach House Hotel.It is owned By Penny(Australian) and Ali(Turkish).It is in the Thomson small and friendly brochure but if you price the hotel and flight separately on the Thomson website it is sometimes cheaper than the brochure price.
Having enjoyed holidays at both resorts,I would pick Side.
Simply because of the awful hilly aspect of Kalkan.
Can't remember the hotel in Side but if going again I would look for one that is in the "german" area of side as the hotels are much better and closer to the beach.
In Kalkan we stayed at the Pirat, which is right down by the harbour but again hills and lots of steps spoil it.
We had a quick look at The Beach House Hotel and took a brochure. The location is very good.

We came back from Side on Saturday having stayed at the Hotel Dosi. Not a hotel I would want to stay in again. Too big and too German.

Side, however, I really like.
An account of our recent holiday in Side and Cappodicia can be found on http://www.travelsianandwendy.blog.co.uk if anyone is interested
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.