Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello Dave Ancora bar in the strip andalso there is a great bar in the old town Atrium that got a bit upstairs only for Karoke.Bars with bands that i know are the Rock cafe in the Old town and i know Libertos in the strip got bands there too on the start of the night.
Hi Dave. The 60's bar & Absol bar on the top half of strip (Hotel Montechoro end) do Karaoke. The Chor Bar also has different artist on every night. The irish Bars (Erins Isle etc) have entertainment on also. The Albertus bar also does Karaoke.
In the old town try Jo Jo's its not far from the fishermans canopy near Ruinas restaurant. Hosts Nigel & Sharon are nice people and he is an excellent singer & also does Karaoke as well.
If you like quizzes try Floyds Bar near Camara (Albufeira Town Hall) think they are on a wednesday/saturday night. Perry (Algarveaddick) & Karen will make you welcome. Cheers Jayjan
I would endorse the recommendation for Floyd's Bar;it's a nice,friendly place.
On the question of Karaoke bars,however,I would suggest that there is no such thing as a good Karaoke bar - not just in Albufeira,but anywhere in the whole wide world !!! :rofl
Ha ha ha Sagres I take it you cant sing-- just like me, I only sing in the shower with bathroom door locked. I just like watchin some of the folks makin a fool of themselves when they have had one too many. Only 6 weeks to go before we hit the sun & Monte Velho again. Cheers Jayjan
Hi Jayjan,

I never knew they did karaoke in the Atrium. The only music we've heard there is the fado they do in the restaurant a couple of times a week, which is very good and treated quite seriously - no talking during songs etc. Not that I'm at all into karaoke! Far from it!!! :yikes

It must have been Jo Jo's where my daughter and a friend went one cold and rainy night in January last year. The guy gave them the big build up - "let's hear it for Juliet and Jon who will be singing .... (whatever?)" and they were the only ones there! We're off out there for a few days next week so we'll see if it's open and say hello to Nigel and Sharon.
Sorry Luis. Just realised it was you who talked about the Atrium. Must be the early hour! :oops:
Hi Rosemary. Re Jo Jo's, Nigel & Sharon only took it over in December 2006. They are Welsh, he's a big guy built like a rugby player with a really good voice. They used to live near our house in Branqueira thats how we know them. Cheers Jayjan
  • Edited by jayjan 2007-03-25 16:19:58
Just remembered another venue for entertainment. The Oura Praia Aparthotel at the bottom of Estrada St Eulalia. The Bar inside the hotel is called SUSAN'S BAR. There is a different artist on every night of the week, one artist called Johnny Cochran is excellent he does country/western, and 60's songs & there is plenty room for a dance if the mood takes you. An advertisment is displayed in the foyer of the hotel with info on all of the artists that play there. Cheers Jayjan
Hello all, many thanks for all your replys they are very helpful, I remember doing a song a few years ago in the 60s bar I have taken note of all the bars so thanks again, so if any of you are there in July you may just get a ear full :yikes

Cheers,
Dave.
Yep, The Absol bar is a small but good Karaoke bar, We visited here on our honeymoon in 2003 and had a great time then we revisited again in 2005 and the guy who owns the bar remembered us, going again in May.
My rendition of Spandau Ballets 'true' must be memorable LOL :rofl
Hi,

We have frequented the Absolut Bar (same as Absol???) at the top of the Strip on the left hand side. Been going there occasionally for the last 6 or 7 years and always a warm welcome. Watch you dont fall off the stage, its small.

The couple who own it are called Paulo and Freda(I think), he is Portuguese and she is Norwegian or Swedish. Haven't been for 2 years now so may have changed hands but they always remembered you from previous visits. Good cocktails as well.

See ya

Lummie :lol:
ANCORA bar! Best bar on the strip to me we've been going there for 4 years now and the bar staff are very friendly we have known the manager jose for 4 years and paulo and berit are also very nice highly recommended!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.