Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Anyone know if the usual suspects are hosting the karaoke in Protaras, i.e. at Bells, Zodiac and Loveboat?
:cheers

Trev
Yep the normal thing is still going on.

I wouldn't want it any other way though.

8 days and I will be there enjoying it all.
Cheers for that mate :cheers . I'm offski on 8th October
As you say - it's the way we like it!! :tup

If anyone else in out and about between the 8th and 15th in Protaras, who knows - we may m=bump into you.

I'll be the one with the KEO and the wife with the bottle of kiddy on Champagne!! :tongue ;) :cheers

All the best
Trev
Ah well - 4 more sleeps, then we're off. The weather may not be the best, but it's certainly a bit better than Scotlan'ds getting at :sun2 the moment!!

Trefor.
hi, has anyone been in the zodiac karoake bar this summer? We are regulars each year and wondered if they had a new compere in. it used to be nat and lucy who my daughter adored but we think they are not there this year :(
Dave, maybe they heard you were coming back :rofl (sorry!!)

Will email a friend who spends the summer in Cyprus and ask her for you, as long as you promise not to give away anymore of my 'secrets' :tup
aww thanks madmax! as you know all your secrets are safe with me.... ;) discretion is my middle name ( pity blabbermouth is my last!) :)
Dave, there is a new couple doing the karaoke this year. My daughter also loved Nat & Lucy. Think Lucy still works the odd night there. Anyway I am sure the new couple will 'love' your singing just as much :rofl Are you counting down the days yet??? Has mrsdavetracey been sent to the loft for the cases yet :)
hi madmax, i can't send mrs davetraceyuk into the loft as she won't fit through the hatch anymore, her backside gets stuck.She tried to get in recently to retrieve her step aerobics platform (big seller in the eighties, do you remember it ladies?) and got really jammed in there. We only managed to free her(that is me and the fire brigade) when rigourous squeezing of her buttocks resulted in a discharge of gas so violent it fractured the hatch itself, freed her and resulted in her landing on the firemans head causing him concussion and trauma injuries.
oh and our pet cockatial fell off its perch and will only breathe through its mouth now. please keep all this to yourself max, mrs davetraceyuk is still a little embarrassed by it. you know i dont like to gossip.
anyway back to topic :whoops , only 8 weeks to go for us, i hope new couple in zodiac still get all the ladies up dancing on the bar! its the only reason i go to cyprus ;) do you know anything about them? two girls like nat and lucy, couple, etc? :)
Dave - guess what????? Am gonna find out for you, coz hubby has just booked us a week at the vangelis apts on 19th July wahoooo :cheers

That means I only have 3 and a half weeks to find my reebok step to get in shape :rofl
:( Dave ignore my last post - just had a call from on the beach holidays and they cannot provide the flights now so we have cancelled. Back to the drawing board!!!!!
poor madmax, they cant provide your flights? told you your reputation goes before you, theres a recession on, plane seats everywhere! :D our airline have said since theres only us they'll fly us from our local cowfield ;)
The new karaoke comperes in Zodiac are called James & Sarah, very nice couple and they work 6 nights a week and Lucy works on a Sunday.

In Bells, the Dj is now Nicky 6 nights a week- Tuesday to Sunday, and myself on a Monday night. After 1 and a half years away i have been persuaded to do one night a week.

And to top things off Cardiff Lad is now singing every night in all the bars as he now lives here!!
Thanks for the update Dave, will be popping into Bells on a Monday night to see you, you probably don't remember me tho :wave: lol

It'll be my first 'holiday' trip back there in about 2 or 3 years, have been there on and off but it'll be nice to have a proper trip there.

Bells just wasn't the same without you! You'll have to do 'Star Trekkin' one more time..... ;)
I've been into Bells a couple of times since Dave has been back and keep missing his star trekkin lol.
Nat is now back at the Zodiac 6 nights, with Lucy doing the other one.

Once again a great time there, it doesn't change! :)

Thanks to all for making it another great holiday :wave:
hello all, returning to protarus after a few years for a wedding in the vrissiana in may, the hotel is ridiculously expensive to drink (4.5 euro) so can anyone suggest a good karaoke bar nearby with a cheap pint of keo.
thanks.
Right at the top of the road to the Vrissiana is Zodiac Karaoke bar, great fun and friendly! Were here nearly every night back in September. Also over the road from Zodiac is Bells, also good fun!
Does anyone know who is there this year.

New guy last year with the longer term girl (know who she is but my dementia means her name esacapes me as I write).

The 'clientelle' changed slightly last year - not knocking it, just mentioning it. Slightly younger people due to the male giving it laldy at all the songs. I just had to dance faster ;)
Still the same in 2012?

Cheers :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.