Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There are some reports on this website for the Karbel Hotel, Karbel Beach Hotel and Karbel Sun Hotel

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk

Have a fab time - we are going next Friday to Olu - can't wait! :lol:
i know at least 2 of them are owned by same company not too far away from each other ,1 is a lot bigger both are supposed to be good hotels so you should be fine, olu deniz is gorgeous my favourite place in turkey just come back a few weeks ago, have a lovely holiday
I wish people would check our hotel reviews before sending members off to another website. If we don't have reviews fair enough, but at least check our site also. :cry:

Our reviews are HERE
Sorry Glynis

But Annie28 was looking for reviews for the Karbel Sun Hotel not the Karbel Hotel and she said she couldn't find a review on this website, that's why I suggested the other website.
Dear Glynis,

I did check your website first for a rewiew for the Karbel Sun hotel but their wasn't one so that's why I was asking for more information.

Annie :)
Thanks girls and my apologies. I see this quite often around the site ie people not checking ours first and it sometimes gets me a little rankled. :oops:
Karbel or Karbel Sun are the same hotel just depends which brochure
we stayed there last year the other hotel in Olu Deniz is the Karbel Beach.
Hope this helps .sioux :)
I was told by our TO (Tulip) that the Karbel and Karbel Sun are two separate hotels which are next to each other, both have their own pools. Apparently they are owned by the same man. The Karbel Sun, I believe is the smaller of the two. The Karbel Beach is owned by the brother of the first man. That's according to Tulip. We are going to the Karbel Hotel on 16th July.
If you look at different brochures you will see that the pool is identical
I checked both out last night on first choice and thomas cook web sites. because last year we booked with late deals and there invoice said karbel sun and first choice tickets said karbel
If it is the hotel next door that is on the other side of the road leading down to the beach as the karbel is on the other corner.sioux :)
Sioux,
I have never been so was just repeating what Tulip told me!! In their brochure all three are listed separately, but on close inspection it does look like the same pool. Which ever way I'm sure we'll enjoy.
Lorraine
If you have anything like the time we had it will be brill.Olu is lovely and a short ride on the dolmus from anything else.sioux :)
if your going to the beach always get your water or drinks on the way down just to save your pennies for other things.sioux :)
I have stayed at the Karbel Hotel and was sure that it was never called Karbel Sun, I have read some reviews on the net and it says Karbel Sun is a small Hotel with 30 rooms which the Karbel Hotel is definately not it has loads of rooms. Maybe the reason the pool is shown on both hotels is because you can use both facilities if the hotels are owned by family.

I am going out there on Monday will check for you

Yvonne
Sioux and Yvonne
Thanks to both of you. Yvonne, will you be back home before the 16th as that's when we are travelling?
In most brochures the Karbel Beach is the smaller hotel that has got about 30 rooms ,but the Karbel as said is much bigger and has been re-furbished this year according to some reviews.sioux :)
Yes I will be back late on the 11th. There are some reviews on holidays uncovered for the Karbel Sun saying that has only 30 rooms as well. I think both the Karbel Beach and Karbel Sun are both small, but I have actually stayed at the Karbel Hotel and its was lovely. This is my 4th time to OLu Deniz we tried Marmaris last year for a change and hated it so hence return to olu. The Karbel has grown quite a bit in the last 4 years they had built a big new bar and entertainment area last time and lots of extra rooms were next. I dont think I have heard a bad review on any hotels in this small area they all seem very good. If there is anything you want me to find out while I am there let me know.

Yvonne
They are two seperate hotels one each side of the road the Karbel is the bigger of the two and has more stars. The karbel beach is the third one and is nearer the beach on a different road. The karbel sun looks very nice.
:lol: Having been to the Karbel Sun and the Karbel hotels - I can
tell you that they are definitely two different hotels, although opposite each other.

I envy you - the Karbel Sun is a fantastic hotel - small, but the staff
are so friendly and caring. We return to the Karbel Sun once a year and always meet people who have been before.

You will love Olu Deniz. It is so beautiful and geared up for the Brits. We
have travelled all over Turkey, and go 3 times a year. Have just got back from Side near Antalya - but will be going to Karbel Sun at the end of August.

Have a great time - don't book your trips with the rep - they are expensive
and they are exactly the same trips you would book with the Turkish lads on the front for a quarter of the price.
Hve just arrived home today from Olu Deniz. I went for a walk whilst there and found The Karbel Beach hotel which is a small one in a side road. The Karbel is the largest on the corner and opposite is The Karbel Sun which is also quite small, so there are dfinately three sepreate hotels.

Also the prices in Olu Deniz have virtually doubled, still had a fantastic holiday though as usual.

Yvonne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.