Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I'll be next door of Ithaca that week and on Kefalonia the week after. I'm expecting hot and sunny. 8) 8) There's the outside chance of a shower or cloudy day but fairly unlikely. We've been several times to various bits of Greece the last 2 weeks in June and had wall to wall sunshine with temperatures in 30s C, so I'm just expecting a few degrees lower than that. I'm sure you'll love Kefalonia - where are you staying?
I think the weather will be fine then, we've been to Greece in early June and it was lovely - not too hot, just right.
I love Kefalonia and I'm off back there this July.
For the last 2 years i have been to Kefalonia at the first half of June. Both times it has been red hot with wall to wall sunshine. A couple of years ago we had one morning where it was very cloudy and humid and we had a few spots of rain. That cleared and the clouds dissapeared and we didn't see a cloud for the rest of our holiday.
Last year, we arrived on the 10th and we seemed to be in a heatwave. There were a couple of days when the temperature got into the high nineties! I have to admit i was very wary last year because i have a friend who flew back a few days before we went out warning me to take umbrellas and fleeces because there had been a lot of rain and it was very cold!
:shock:
John
Have visited Fefalonlia at different times over the past 19 years, and have mostly found the weather perfect, have witnessed some really torential rain one year went first week in July which was scorching went back in October and it was just the same again been in June quite good then other times really tremendous, at the moment Kefalonia is 21/22 which I think is quite good.
pojo
Oh wow, thanks guys! So it's looking good then!! Can't wait! Staying in Lassi but will deffo be hiring a car as want to travel round the island. Also want to spend a few evenings in Agostoli....too much to do in one week really!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.