Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kefalonia
15 Posts
It is true that there are some new buildings (hotel/apartments) getting built in Agia Efimia however these are at the very far end of the village so it won't disturb you in any way!!! By the way Agia Efimia is one of the most lovely villages on Kefalonia and the good thing is that is not that popular yet (as for example Scala).
miziros
thanks we were worried that it might take the edge off the holiday so that's reassuring.
greekofile i might take a pic of the area the following days and uploaded on this site 8) [/img]
in particular Aghia Efimia but one website says there is a lot of building work going on there.

Bummer I'm off there on the 22nd July!!

It is true that there are some new buildings (hotel/apartments) getting built in Agia Efimia however these are at the very far end of the village so it won't disturb you in any way!!!

Miriros - I'm staying in the Makis - anything being built around there?? A piccie would be welcome if you are able.
Thanks.

Greekofile - this will be my second visit to Ag Ef. Stayed there 3 years ago and it was lovely. The locals were all so friendly and the food really good. It's a truly beautiful little place and I enjoyed it so much that I feel perfectly safe going back there on my own whilst my hubby is on his biking holiday and that's saying something. You can hire a car or boat locally and there's a dive centre if that's your thing. The water is lovely and clear for snorkelling too. I would heartily recommend the place.
thanks it's got my taste buds tingling.
ag efimia, is a truly wonderful place-a small village, some very good tavernas. This is our third year to kefalonia, always have to go to ag. efimia. This is not a huge place, there is a few shops but mainly tavernas.

Many of the sailing clubs come to ag efimia.

There is a very small amount of building work going on, but this would certainly not spoil your stay in any way. My last visit was in october, if you want a peaceful holiday then ag efimia i can recommend.

duplicate post deleted...wizard
thanks evryone. have booked two weeks from 8th June2008. Makis Studios.- any reports please?
Greekofile - that's where I'm staying (1 week on Sunday - yay!!) so I'll post a review when I get back but I can say that we had a quick look when we were in Ag Ef 3 years ago as we stopped by for a snack and the place looked very clean and well kept.
In the meantime, some reviews here -
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g488297-d615059-Reviews-Maki_s_Apartments-Agia_Efimia_Cephalonia_Ionian_Islands.html
:lol: Puddleduck2
Thanks for that. The website was more than useful and the reviews of the Makis were good. Will be pleased to hear your report.
Have a great trip.
Hi Greekofile - my reviews of the Makis and Agia Efimia are now in the review sections. Boy that week went fast!!! :D
We stayed at Makis a few years ago, we had an apartment just overlooking the pool. They were very good apartments and in a quiet spot. The pool is only small but it never was crowded. Just a short walk down the bank, which is not too bad to the harbour side. Nice tavernas and bars, If you go to http://www.makisapartments.gr you will find a bit of inof and photos. If you go out of Makis and turn right there is a path just down by the side of the cemetary. If you down there there is a lovely small cove, large pebbles, but the water is so so clear. fine with jelly shoes on. We spent the whole morning there and not another soul
Greekofile - I forgot to mention building work. What there is isn't much at all, if you're not looking for it I doubt you'll see it. I only made a point of looking because of your post, but really it's nothing to worry about.
puddleduck2
even better news thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.