Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
kemer
37 Posts
Hi, went to Kemer a few times on days out from Antalya 2 yrs ago ( we were staying with family). I loved it! A bit like Lindos on Rhodes we thought. Nice clean sandy beach and calm sea. Very clean and upmarket shopping mall (small) and loos just behind the beach. A lady cooks pancakes filled with meat and potatoes to order - cheap and delicious! Lots of shops in town which my teenager loved. Also a hotel with swimming pool that you can use if you like.
Have a great time, we're off to Olu Deniz in 3 weeks.

Juliet
:lol:

hello its only me again !!! does anyone know on whats the best things we shouldnt miss out on when we viest kemera my children are 11 and 14 ,and has anybody been there !!!! thanks again

Edit please do not use phone style text on the Forum thanks Briar[i]
Staying at Kemer which is near Side....anyone know what the night life is like?
Any replies on anything to do with the Kemer Region Will be nice 8)
Hi, went to Kemer a few times on days out from Antalya 2 yrs ago ( we were staying with family). I loved it! A bit like Lindos on Rhodes we thought. Nice clean sandy beach and calm sea. Very clean and upmarket shopping mall (small) and loos just behind the beach. A lady cooks pancakes filled with meat and potatoes to order - cheap and delicious! Lots of shops in town which my teenager loved. Also a hotel with swimming pool that you can use if you like.
Have a great time, we're off to Olu Deniz in 3 weeks.

Juliet

I booked a 3 week stay here and was glad to transfer to Side after 6 days. This town is just full of all inclusive hotels which stop you from finding a decent beach until you get to the Moonlight Park area! Even then, the beach is pebbly and not to great.

Now as to my main point..."A bit like Lindos on Rhodes we thought.

I have been to Lindos 8 times in the past and where you get the idea that Kemer is like it, I don't know! Lindos is a quiet typical, beautiful Greek village which is built around an ancient Castle/Temple site. There are not even any hotels inside the village, which is protected as an historical site by the government. It has two lovely beaches, one long and the other in a quiet secluded bay. Kamer has a terrible beach, no discernible night life (apart from said Moonlight Park) and is only recently been changed to a dull, boring town filled with Russians and A I hotels.

I would not wish Kamer on my worst enemy but Lindos I would reccomend to anyone for a fabulous holiday. There again there may be two Lindos's but I very much doubt it. So I remain mystified as to Juliet's opinion of the similarity!! :?:
have to agree with craig on this ..Kemer is a purpose built resort for tourists. there is no history to the place..there is an open air museum depicting Tukish nomadic life..and thats it. the marina is pretty but the place has no character.
Side is nowhere near Kemer...Side is between Antalya and Alanya.
from Kemer you are well placed for excursions to Myra (where it is said the original father Xmas lived)
For olympos..where tongues of fire have been shooting out of the mountain side for thousands of years.(famed in greek myth as the Chimera)
antalya is worth visiting for the beautiful Roman harbour in the old town and the shopping.there are numerous places to visit in the area.
enjoy
Hi has anyone got a rough guide to Kemer, I am looking at taking my clan there this summer. From what I can make out it has got the feel and look of Icmeler ???...

Many thanks Tony. :?:
  • Edited by 3 bells 2006-03-09 10:24:55
Kemer is much favoured by German holiday makers. I went there a few years ago and enjoyed staying in the town in a small hotel (Otel Fame). Sadly the trend is to build large 'resort' all-inclusive prisons outside the resort itself, though small hotels do exist.

The resort is really 'man-made' but we enjoyed ourselves. The beach (and all others in the area) is shingle.

You can visit Myra, Demre and Manavgat Waterfalls, Side, Aspendos and Perge and also the Chimera if you hire a car. You should drink plenty of bottled water as it gets very hot in summer. You might also like to visit Antalya, where your flight will land.

Having never been to Icmeler, I can't compare it, but I would be interested to hear comparisons from those who have!
hi everyone,going back to turkey next year,but does anybody know where or if theres a kfc,pizza hut or mc donalds near kemer,cant see the kids going 2wks without them,me neigther if the truth be told. :roll:
Hi bibbs,

Sorry to break your bubble but there is no KFC, McDonalds or Pizza hut in Kemer. But there are plenty of places that sell hamburgers, chips, and pizza etc.

But you are in Turkey try Turiksh cuisine. Subsitute things like PIDE or TURKISH PIZZA and be sure to try some different foods. You will be pleasently surprized. Trust me you won't starve.

The fresh produce in this area of Antalya is wonderful. Fruits and veggies are full of flavor as they are grown locally. You can buy some in the local markets or the weekly Monday bazaar.

From the quote "When in Rome do as the Romans"
hi caretta,
thanks for the reply,we have stayed at the same hotel in beldebi for the last 2yrs,and going back again next may,but as its an all inclusive holiday the food does get rather repetative,the names on the dishes change but the taste does not,and theirs not much outside the hotel apart from a few shops,but this said,we do love it their,weathers great,the hotel and staff too,its just by the second week we are crying out for different tastes,my partners daughter swears she saw a mc donalds between the airport and the hotel in beldebi,we will be keeping our eyes peeled next year,thanks once again caretta. :D
I stopped in Kemer two years ago - theres not a great deal there.

We stayed all inclusive - and we really enjoyed it esp as you could book the Al A carte restaurant once a week - which was lovely.

Which hotel are you staying in?
hi joolz 307,
your right,theirs not a great deal outside the hotel,its called club zigana,was this where you stayed.
No we stayed st the Phasalis Princess with Thomas Cook - we didnt mind there not being anything to do outside the hotel as there was plenty going on in the hotel itself.

We were hard pressed getting the kids off the slides or off the hotel beach!

Been all over Turkey - always all inclusive and weve never had a bad experiance yet in fact this year we took the plunge and bought our own villa - been twice already and going again at half term the rest of the time we rent it out - so it pays for itself.

Try the Pide - the Turkish Pizza - its fab! and washed down with a few Efes its even better - lol!
hi joolz 307,
small world,stayed at the pheselis myself about 6 yrs ago,enjoyed it too,had loads of pide but no efes at zigana,but plenty of tuborg and jd,where did you buy the villa.
Hi bibbs,

You are right there is a Mcdonalds on the drive from Antalya Airport to Beldibi. It is located across from the Glass Pyramid and Shereton hotel on the Konyaalti beach front area of Antalya. It also has a ball pit for the kids to play in.

There is also another one located in the old part ( Kaleici ) of the city on Ataturk Street.

Also you will find in Antalya at the MMM Migros shopping center the food court with a wide variety of fast foods. Also there is a McDonalds and burger king there as well.

Trust me I know I have kids as well.

Question to the both of you / joolz307 and bibbs.

You say you have travelled extensively in the area. Have you ever gone to Cirali to visit the wonderful beach, Olympos ruins or the flames of Chimeara ??? It is located about 25 kms from Kemer and 15 kms from Tekirova ( Phasalis ) Not too many people are aware of this special quiet place. Great resort area with NO big hotels, discos or all-inclusives. Just a great little village perfect for families, honeymooners, nature lovers and the mature traveller away from the crazy resorts.
hi caretta,
thanks for the info,that will come in very handy,looks like a couple of trips to antalya during the holiday next may.yes i have been to olympos ruins,had a nice day their about six years ago,much to the annoyance of my then wife,i quite liked looking around the ruins and she liked the sunbed.ruins meaning the roman remains and not the x-wife,of course. :twisted:
Hi again,

He He He :lol: too funny about the ruins.

BTW, you can easily get by dolmus from Kemer to Antalya for a great day out with the kids. I would recommend that you go to the Migros shopping center. Take the kids shopping and then to a movie. Have a great trip 8)
hi caretta,
bit thick this end,whats btw mean,
we took the dolmus from beldibi to antalya last year,but had a problem,the driver said we are here,but we didn't see many shops when departing the dolmus,only after he had left,we were told it would be a twenty minute walk into antalya,so we got a taxi for the remainder of the journey.
we will surely be going to the migros centre,thanks for that,and thank you very much,we will have a great time,wish it was next week and not next year.
Hi bibbs,

BTW means By The Way.

If you take the dolmus from Kemer tell the driver to drop you off at the MIGROS. These buses do not go directly into the city center. If you wish from there you can catch other local dolmuses into the town or take a taxi.

You could also use the tramway (close to the Antalya museum ) within walking distance of about 20-30 mins passed the Shereton and Falez hotels.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.