France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Have a look at Les Menhirs at Carnac. There is lots to do on the parc, within walking distance and by bus.
Hi
Why not try 'Holiday Green' in Frejus(INVALID URL site lots to do for all ages and also plenty in the surrounding area.You are very close to all the major towns,Cannes,Nice,Ste maxime,St Tropez and Monte Carlo and just 45 mins from Nice airport if your thinking of flying.
Sorry not been on for a bit

Elaine80

Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look

Mandywrecsam

Thanks for that looks very nice i must say :) ,just a question if i may what is the public transport like from the airport to the park and using public transport how long would it take?

Thanks again
Butchdingle
Hi

Public transport is good from Nice airport depending on what day of the week and what time you arrive,(sunday is not so good for connections from St Raphael.you can get from Nice to St Raphael,then the local bus goes into Frejus town and up to Holiday green.I'm not sure of exact times etc... as we always hire a car,there is so much to see in this area and a shame to miss it.Its about 45 minute drive by car.
Our on site managers also offer an airport service to our clients,its approx €90 each way,so you may be as well hiring a car,any particular reason why you dont plan to?
My parents always use the local buses to get about and they are both in their 70's,so if they can manage it i'm sure you will be fine.
Please ask if you have any more questions.I wouldnt leave it too late to book if you plan on going peak season either.
we used to always book with key camp but now we dont.we find a nice place on the key camp brochure, then google it to find as much information as possible and thirdly and most importantly book with the campsite owners (not key camp) as their(the owners) accommodation is always far superier and MUCH MUCH less expensive 30% on average. Remember keycamp and canvas and all the main operators just rent a patch of land off the owners
Hi, if you fancy the south of France, two siblu parcs (mobile home holidays, like Keycamp) you can try are Le Lac des Reves (15 mins in taxi from Montpellier airport), or La Carabasse (15 mins in taxi from Beziers airport). I would probably opt for the latter, as there are beaches in walking distance. Both parcs have kids clubs, sports pitches, pools etc. I have stayed on both in June and the weather has been incredible both times.
Galway 1 & DaleyJ

Sorry for the delay in replying

Thanks for the advice and information will have a look

Regards

Butchdingle
we used to always book with key camp but now we dont.we find a nice place on the key camp brochure, then google it to find as much information as possible and thirdly and most importantly book with the campsite owners (not key camp) as their(the owners) accommodation is always far superier and MUCH MUCH less expensive 30% on average. Remember keycamp and canvas and all the main operators just rent a patch of land off the owners

Our research does not indicate this. Where we have looked the site owned accommodation is very much inferior in comfort and equipment to that offered by the major players of Keycamps, Eurocamps, and Canvas, AND more expensive.

Add to that the good deals these companies can get you on the ferry crossings and the discounts for being a regular customer, and they offer far better value for money

Peter
Peter of York wrote:

Our research does not indicate this. Where we have looked the site owned accommodation is very much inferior in comfort and equipment to that offered by the major players of Keycamps, Eurocamps, and Canvas, AND more expensive.

Add to that the good deals these companies can get you on the ferry crossings and the discounts for being a regular customer, and they offer far better value for money

Peter

Have to say that I have also found this. The big firms always publish what you get and deliver. Campsie owned stuff can be very variable in quality and also there can often be hidden extras (such as cutlery, pots and pans etc)!
Hi ButchDingle, as yo are looking at travelling outside of peak times you will find the majority of campsites very quiet in regard to night time activities and also their childrens clubs and related activitiies

If you want to have something to do with little or no driving go to Disneyland with Keycamp or find sites closer to larger towns. Other options would be south of France Nice, St Raphael/Frejus, Antibes etc or over on the west coast Biaritz.
Another option would be Northern Spain, there are some good campsites and if you based yourself around the Salou area there are numerous activites open all year round (this would siut if you are willing to fly/drive)

In regards to booking independently I have found that savings can be made if you can find a suitable alternative on your chosen site eg.we decided on a campsite in south of france and checked price with Keycamp and then googled to find an independent owners club renting on the same site. We saved ourselves in excess of £500.
Although we have used Keycamp on a few occassions this was due to the fact there was no private rented accommodation, and as Peter of York says the owners accommodation can be very inferior.
One other recommendation, if booking a mobile get the biggest you can afford and have decking.you will not regret it.
BTW I am talking about fly/drive holidays so ferry crossings and toll fares don't come into this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.