France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hello, you have a very similar username to me!

We stayed at Fontenblaeu and did Eurodisney a few years back. You have about a 1 hour drive if I recall correctly. We have also done Disney from Berny Riviere (Vic Sur Aine) which is a bit further away but very close to Parc Asterix.

Should add that we did both sites with Canvas
thanks

sorry about the name clash great minds think alike :lol:
We've booked for Fontenblaeu for next July/August with Keycamp (same company as Eurocamp). Or rather, we HAD booked - they phoned us last sunday to say they are cancelling the camp next year. FANTASTIC!!! We had spent a lot of time choosing which park, and it seemed the right one (Paris International doesn't have a swimming pool).
So now we've had to swap to Berny Riviera. It's a much bigger park, and i've read some very good reviews about it, but it's further out than Fontenblaeu (about 90 mins from Disneyland), and NOT THE PARK WE CHOSE!!
After lots of thought and information from members on this site we have finally booked a holiday in france for next year. We are going in august to la croix du vieux pont with canvas holidays.

The site arranges transport to both DLP and Paris so you don't have to take your car if you feel like letting some one else do the driving for you!! so we might take the coach to Paris, much easier for parking :lol:
Seems like a very good site, have read some great reviews for it, hope this helps
Beachcomber777,
that's the site we've booked onth - how do you know that they arrange transport to DLP etc??
hi maryj1

There was some reviews on the canvas holidays website about the site. If you have a look at their site you will find lots of useful information, quite liked the idea of the onsite bakery where you can get fresh croissants and baquettes for breakfast.

Also I did a google search and came up with lots of reviews about the site and it sounds really good, so fingers crossed it will live up to expectations.
What I remember about Fontenblau was the pool was incredibly small (about 20 feet square) and completly unheated (almost skating instead of swimming). The custodian was a grouchy old bloke who just yelled at the kids in unintelligible French. There was also a lot of train noise at night from the elevated railway track and marshalling yards just down the valley.
Beachcomber,
I've had a look at the reviews on the Canvas site..... you are right - it looks fantastic and i can't wait now (only 9 months to wait!!!). Thanks for the info :lol:
have now booked the international

as only staying 2 nights and pool & camp site not important

sounds like the train is good

will spend 1st afternoon and night inparis then next day into Didsneyland paris for day just for a quick disney fix for the kids
just for the info keycamps have dropped Fontenblau

dont know why ??????????????????????????????????
To be honest we have stayed at around 14 or 15 sites with Canvas over the years and Fontenblau was probably the worst (Still a reasonable standard but not as good as you usually expect with Canvas).
camping international was ideal for using the trains into paris & disney

popped into paris no problems only a 10 min walk and 55 to disney

ok for just a stop over train fare for 2 days came to £60 for 5 , all zones

site it a bit noisy mainly due to the goose ( i image it will be on someone s plate come xmas)
can hear the trains in the background only faintly
  • Edited by hidehi 2006-06-16 20:26:56
la croix du vieux pont and berny riviere are the same site.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.