Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It won't taste the same as it is brewed in Bedfordshire
I think that Shepherd Neames brew it over here, but why anyone would want to buy it when there are far better lagers available in the UK beats me.
it's OK on the beach but no-one can say that it is a good beer......or can they?
del 949
Don't mind it but prefer Kings, not as gassy as Kingfisher :glynis
If its brewed by Shepherd Neame it'll have been made in Kent not Beds...
Alan
I'm with you Tony, much prefer Kings
the only reason I said Bedford was that a while ago there was a thread on here commenting on the addition of Glycerin to Goan Kingfisher.
As I could not believe this I e-mailed the head brewer at Shepherd Neames and I thought that the address I found was for bedford.
Maybe their offices are there.
But if you say not Bedford, I won't argue.
I too prefer Kings or the Fosters is not bad. There used to be one called something like Royal Challenge, but evidently it is not produced anymore. Always dissapointed that Cobra is not available more over there
I drank Cobra almost solidly for 2 weeks back in Jan, Captains Cabin at Baga had it on special for 50rps.

Drinking Kingfisher back home is great because no other lager stirs up the memories as much!
couldn't get cobra in candolim, i stir up my holiday memories by looking at this site and drinking Metaxa..........2 for the price of one!! :D
I've got bad memories of Metaxa from an 18-30 holiday in Kos, obviously, a while ago
young, free, single and being sick!
missing posts can be found in our holiday chat thread :wink:
Now I need to find a Sainsbury's I agree it may be brewed in the U.K. but just drinking out of the bottle brings back great memories :)
As one of my son's work for sainsbury's we will get discount, so even cheaper for us, agree a bit not the same as drinking it in bono's shack or the red lion in calungute :cry:
Del949, Baywatch shack in Sinquerim has Cobra on the go. Victor and Godfrey are a great couple of lads, well worth a visit.
Alan
Alan one of my friends used to go to Goa all the time, hasnt been for about 6 years, but is returning this new year and she always used Baywatch shack. She kept telling me to spend a day there as its a good shack. She wanted me to ask if Victor was still there cos he was really nice. So I take it from your post he is still at Baywatch? I will need to tell her next time I see her so she can pop in in December!
yes Gemme, both Victor and Godfrey are still there
Isn't Cobra a British brew ?
Cobra was first produced in the UK, and mostly sold in Indian restaurants. It is now also produced in India, in Goa and in Rajasthan. In my humble opinion it is by far the best beer available in India, since the sad demise of Golden Eagle.
No sign of Kingfisher in East Kilbride :x

Had to contend myself with Brahma @ £1.77 for four :)

GW
Anyone tried Belo! After much sampling it's my prefered choice. Not available everywhere but worthy of a try. There are even promotions on the inside of the cap which give you free beers, 5 or 10 roops off plus others or if out of luck a try again message, but you have to keep an eye on the waiters as they often pocket the tops before you get to see them!!! :wink:
Hi I used to drink Belo at Marinha Dourada but then they stopped stocking it and I didn't find anywhere else that sold it. It was better than Kings or Kingfisher IMO.
Spottiswoode
Belo is readily available in South Goa, but has virtually disappeared from North Goa, where the dreaded Kingfisher is becoming ubiquitous.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.