Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Many thanks for the trip report. It's much appreciated.

luci :wave
Tuesday in KL was spent wandering around Little India and the smaller districts as well as mooching around the shops.
Dinner was taken in Jalan Alor- fantastic restaurants- great choice and atmosphere as well.
Wednesday we flew off to Bali- our first visit.
We had a delay on the way out so got there after dark so didn't see very much of anything- dropped the bags at the hotel and wandered down to the sea to have dinner then retire for a rest.
Our hotel- Sri Phala- was lovely- built in Balinese style, huge rooms, fab bathrooms with open windows (protected by mesh) and done in beautiful dark wood. The Other half was impressed as Dunkin Donuts were round the corner so he could get a large milky coffee whenever he wanted. It is about a 5 minute walk from the beach and the Perama bus stop ( which was hady for trips to Ubud). To walk into the main bit of Sanur would take 20 min s or so but a taxi was only 6000 rp so not too much of a hassle at all.
After figuring out how hot it was to sit on the beach for long periods we decided to go off and explore
So we went white water rafting- fantastic
Did a 15km downhill bikeride through the rice terraces and small villages then finished up with a cooking lesson- amazing experience and highly recommended
Spent the day exploring the craft villages
Bali Bird Park and Reptile park- fabulous hands on experiences at both places- highlight for the other half was holding a 5 foot monitor lizard mine was have 6 kites taking food offf the tray on my head
We went to Kuta for the day as well
Then to the water park and up to Uluwatu and Jimbaran for dinner on the beach- amazing sunset!
Up to Ubud on the Perama bus for the day- very reliable and impossibly cheap as well, great babi Guling in Ubud
All in all we did quite a lot and everywhere found we were oonly two of very few people which was a real shame

We loved Bali very much and have been singing its praises to everyone
oh sounds lovely - thanks for sharing
glad to hear you loved Bali :D
Also good to hear the hop on/off bus in KL was a more positive experience one than we had. I was sure it would be good once they ironed out the problems(ie having enough buses on the route to run more often than once every hour or so :lol: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.