Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I find the difficulty with Krabi is finding a hotel on the beach at a reasonable price...which is one advantage the Boathouse has, plus its proximity to little beach restaurants.

Having said that I much prefer Krabi to Samui, I just take it as read that you have to take a little boat trip to get to the best beaches. Many people stay in Ao Nang and take boats trips to the outlying islands. By the time your thinking of going the new Sofitel should be up and running, although I'm unsure of costs. We stay a few hundred yards down the road at the Krabi Sands Resort...but this is just a small collection of bungalows rather than a full blown resort.
Krabi area in my opinion is much nicer than KS. Bear in mind too the time of year you intend going.
I have been to Ko Samui 4 times and Krabi only once , but I have to say I much prefer Krabi - the only reason I have returned to KS so many times is for the good weather in july/aug - Krabi is so much more scenic than KS. We stayed in the Krabi Thai Village resort and it was fantastic - but not near the beach - approx 10 mins away from the beach and Ao Nang centre, I would go back there anytime - fabulous.
NO contest ! Krabi so much better. Went to Koh Saniu this year and was not impressed after a previous visit to Krani.

Look at Andaman Holiday resort at Klong Muang Beach. You can fiund details on sawadee.com. Relley nice hotle and reasonably proced. Derserted beach and 15 mins by tuk tuk to Ao Nang. You can hire a boat from the beach and visit deserted beaches and the canyon (mangroves) where monkeys will climb onto your boat while you feed them bananas!!

You will love it to bits.
Hi Das
I wonder if you would like to give the Andaman Holiday Resort its first review for us?
Hi Das, gone off the idea now - we are looking at Bali but thanks for your input.
thanks DAS- your review is much appreciated :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.