Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I'm afraid we don't look at Thailand for October holidays as the weather is not great. However, I'll let others who have actually gone then tell you their experiences. Koh Samui would be the ideal island for a young couple - Chaweng is where to go for nightlife.
Ay the weather is rumoured not to be that good in Oct in either places. Of the two I would pick Krabi every time, although maybe not so geared up for young people who want to party, I find it more interesting scenically and for trips out.
I have personally travelled to Krabi in October as hotels offer fantastic deals then, but Koh Samui, Oct - Nov can be really, really bad.

Krabi / Phuket considers May - Oct to be low season (thus you get great hotel deals) but November as high season. If you go late in October, you will get a good price, good chance of good weather, and I can guarantee the weather doesn't 'flick a switch' from Monsoon on October 31st to Dry and Sunny on November 1st!
Thanks. Krabi was our preferred option anyway.

As they consider it to be low-season, does that mean that plenty of places (restuarant, bars etc) will be closed?

Sorry, but of an amateur when it comes to Thailand.

Can anyone who has been to Goa tell me any brief comaprison between the 2? I loved Goa, and imagine Thailand to be a not to disimilar but more developed country? Is that way off?

Thanks again.
By late October most bars and restaurants will be open, but you'll find some boat services reduced, especially night time sailings.

I've spent plenty of time in India, but never been to Goa, so I can't draw any comparisons, but I believe you don't get many hippies in trees in Thailand :lol:

In all seriousness, I've known very few people not coming back from Thailand in love with the country. the danger is you might never want to go to Goa again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.