Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
If you are hiring a car it is easy enough to find. Alternatively there will be some kind of trip that will include a visit to it.

Kath HT Admin
Hi,
We stayed at the Kefalos Beach in March and did a trip to Kourion. If you have a hire car you take the motorway towards Limassol. Kourion is signposted before Limassol and easy to find. If you don't want to go on the motorway you can use the coast road that goes past Aphrodite's Rock( there is a place to stop for photos) and then on past Pissouri. There is a nice beach and tavernas at Pissouri if you wanted a swim or lunch on the way back, also a beach with tavernas below the amphitheatre. It is a very interesting day trip as long as you like ruins (we do) and there are mosaics here as well as at Paphos harbour. It would probably take less than an hour driving each way if you take the motorway, more if you take the other road. Hope this helps and you have a good time.
Kourion is actually nearer Limassol, fantastic relic if a little contrived, best to see late in the day as the sun drops into the sea...wonderful!
Hi blackcat

As Jim says, Kourion is in Limassol District (it's about 5 mins from my house). The easiest way to get there is to drive along the highway to Limassol and take the signed exit.

Alternatively, you can drive along the 'old Limassol road' that takes you along the coast past Petra tou Romiou, which is much more scenic.

Journey time from Paphos is about 20-25 mins. You may be lucky and be able to catch one of the events they hold in the eveings.

Regards,
Hi blackcat :D

As nhowarth said it will take very little time to get there :D It sits in a great

position and is worth a visit. There is a lovely beach below it with tavernas

where you can sit and cool off :lol:

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/7559/cyprus040415je.th.jpg Click to enlarge it.

Helenxx
That's another place marked to visit. The sea looks soooooo inviting.
Hi Czz :D

It is very inviting and that piccie was taken on 1st of December :lol:

The middle taverna in the picture is the best one of the three :wink:

Helenxx
Helen, why is the 2nd your favorite, I like the 1st one as you drive to the beach ?

This has always been one of my favorite unspoilt beaches in the area as its not over run by tourists and the tavernas prices reflect this.

I'm visiting between 2nd~9th July, and will use this beach at least 4 times during the week, as I like the beach/sea and the wife loves the food served there.
Hi Graham :D

I just found it to be bit ahead in food and service and being in a wheelchair

my husband found it easier to get round :D Besides that my grandchildren

love it there :lol:
Helenxx
Hi CazzMicknTom

> The sea looks soooooo inviting.

Fortunately the areas protected from development (which is one of the reasons we chose to live here). So there aren't zillions of concrete boxes & tourist hotels littering the place.

Apart from weekends & holidays, the beach is usually very quiet. You can walk out into the sea for a good 100 metres before it gets too deep.

Having tried all the beach restaurants, I concur that the middle one 'Chris' Blue Beach' is the best.

Regards,

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
Hi Nigel :D

Have to agree about the sea..........couldn't get my grandchildren out of it last

summer :lol: and they loved Chris' so much that when I was over just before

Christmas they wanted me to bring back more piccies of it :lol: guess where

I'll be spending this summer hols :roll: well most of it :wink:

Every time we drove through Erimi I'd wonder where you lived :lol:

Helenxx
Hi Helen,

My place is on the northern outskirts of Erimi - between the village & Erimi Gardens (the John Theodorou development). The house is difficult to miss as it's the only one in the village with a green roof.

Regards,

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
Hi Nigel :D

What a fantastic place you live :D We had a look around there and hubby

and I were thinking "if only"........those houses are gorgeous :D

Maybe one day :wink:

Helenxx
Hi Bluebabe :D
We agree about the beach at Pissouri we have been there only the once when we went to Kourion a few years ago. Now the kids aren't with us we plan to go again this year.
We go on the 2nd Aug :wow to Paphos, when do you go? Hope you enjoy yourself
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
:thanks Helen,

We decided to move to Cyprus in the late 1980s - it took us more than 12 years to make it. Just keep saving those pennies.

Regards,

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
Hi Amber and Karl :D

Nice to hear from you again :D

The beach in the piccie is Curium beach and can be found between Episkopi

Garrison and Episkopi village looking down from the amphitheatre :D It is

a fabulous uncrowded beach on which to relax :wink: Although we'll be staying

in Paphos this year instead of Epi Garrison we'll still be using that beach :lol:

We did go to Pissouri beach but the grandchildren prefer Curium :lol:

We go back on 13th September to the Avanti Village Paphos :D

Helenxx
Hi Bluebabe :lol:
Nice to chat again, we remember you telling us about the Avanti village, hope you have a really good time.
We went to Pissouri beach once and must say we prefer Curium beach too.
Shame you are there 3wks after us, could have had a drink :glynis
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
It would have been nice to have a drink with you both :D

Nigel I hope one day we might make it but there are a couple of concerns we

have to sort out :D If we do I'd like a house in Erimi or round that area :D

Helenxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.