Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Carol, If you click on Hotel Reviews then click on Turkey then scroll down to Fantasia Hotel, there are some VERY positive comments. We stayed in Kusadasi last September and made our own way to Ephesus by Dolmus then Taxi. Unfortunately, Kusadasi is hilly but hope you have a great holiday. We were unfortunate to be located very close to a Mosque and to add insult to injury Ramadan/Ramazan started and they beat drums in the middle of the night to tell people to eat before sun rise. Hopefully this festival won't start until after your holiday.

Les
Unfortunately Ramadan is September 13th - October 11th this year. Having read all the reviews for this hotel nobody has mentioned drums or calls to prayer. Being a light sleeper it really affected me last time, rather ruined the holiday. Perhaps we should wait until the Spring.
Hi Carol, We always take ear plugs but even they didn't totally shut out the drums which were sounded at about 2 am !! Having said that, our Hotel was located in the Friday Market Area and so we were in town, so to speak. Having looked at the first Fantasia report, I see that you are on the outskirts of Kusadasi and therefore may well escape the drums !! I hope for your sake that this is the case. You make mention of Spring in Turkey, now is actually a very good time to be out there.

Les
Yes the Fantasia is on the outskirts of Kusadasi in quiet area so should not have any problems, you just dolmus in if you want to.
We stayed right in the heart of the old town, we were surrounded by three mosques, yes it did rather get on our nerves the early morning call to prayer only because it woke us up, the rest of the time i loved it felt as though we were part of the culture and didnt need a watch !!
We stayed in at the Ephesus Princess in Kudadasi in 2005 and loved it. It was our first time in Turkey and fell in love with the people and the place.

If you like history then Ephesus is mind blowing - I loved it, it was awesome.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.