Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
As a couple, we expect to pay no more than £16 for the two of us, this is main course and soft drink. Best value is to look for restaurants that do Set Menus(in most cases you can chop and change to suit your needs). As for football shirts, the Friday Market is the best place and haggle hard !! Whilst at the Market, call in at Filling Station Restaurant for a drink or snack, as you come back down the hill from the market towards Kusadasi, it stands on the corner of a road which leads up to a Mosque on your left. For more information, scroll back through to April 24th, 2009, where you will find the Discussion on Kusadasi Topic.

Les
Welcome to the forums Bryan :cheers

Where are you staying?
Thanks for the welcome Glynis and Les for the advice which we will take up. We are staying at the Flora Suites Hotel which is about 3.5 miles from the centre of town. From what I read the hotel is basic, a little less than spotless with good food. As I said in the posting I have an open mind and am really looking forward to the holiday. I've only been to Turkey for 6 hours via a daytrip when we were in Kos a couple of years ago so I don't know that much about it.

Bryan
My apologies Bryan, I didn't notice that you are a new member, welcome to the Forum. If you give the Turkish people a little of your time, they will return their gratitude ten fold, they cannot do enough for you, they are a terrific race of people. If there are any more questions you want to ask, don't hesitate, there are plenty of people on here ready to help you. All the best. :cheers

Les
Hi all,

Just an up-date I was one of the many Scottravel disappointed folk. However, on the up side, Ive paid an extra £300 and have rebooked for the same resort, appartments and flights. God I need a good holiday now!
Aww no!!! However, glad you got sorted and here's to a brilliant holiday :cheers :sun2
BTW we have a topic on Scot travel here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=119977
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.